We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas lights around Anaheim

Skokie, Illinois
1 post
Xmas lights around Anaheim

Hi,

We'll be spending 5 days in Anaheim with 3 days in Disneyland. We've been in Orange County few times in the past, but this is our first during Xmas. I heard DL has the best Xmas decorations, but I'm wondering what other holiday activities outside of DL that we could see while we're there. We have 2 days after DL and I haven't decided where to go yet. Maybe we go San Diego, maybe LA ( we have no specific agenda, just hoping to enjoy few days off). What would you recommend?

Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
31,096 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Xmas lights around Anaheim

Welcome to the forums Lavender M,

San Diego is a wonderful City to visit with lots to do. And LA has alot of good things to visit, so it would just depend on what you are most interested in. Keep in mind that LA is about a 1 hour drive North of Anaheim, and San Diego about a 2 hour drive South of Anaheim, so neither place is going to be that close for daytrips from Anaheim if thats what your thinking?

For things to do in the area around Christmastime, the Disboards which is a Disneyland planning website has a Christmas superthread which is pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about Christmastime at Disneyland. In post #10 it has a list of things to do in the area around Disneyland as well.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215593&highlight=christmas+super+thread

Edited: 11:21 pm, November 13, 2014
Anaheim
Level Contributor
674 posts
2. Re: Xmas lights around Anaheim

Most big stuff after Christmas heads towards Pasadena for the Rose Parade.

There are things like Marching Band Showcases and Horse Shows.

Link - http://www.tournamentofroses.com

Around OC is relatively quiet but a walk around Balboa Island is beautiful.

I would also send you over to nearby Knott's to have a chicken dinner.

The OC register will publish an article/list on the best local displays.

There is place in Brea that goes all out but it gets quite crowded.

And finally don't forget to walk around the Disneyland Hotels.

Santa Rosco

Orange County...
Level Contributor
660 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Xmas lights around Anaheim

I love the Balboa Island area at Christmastime. Both the island and peninsula area homes are decorated beautifully. I don't know your dates but the Newport Beach boat parade is always fun to watch. You could walk around and see the decor and watch the boat parade. Newport Beach is around 30 mins from Anaheim.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
60,312 posts
443 reviews
4. Re: Xmas lights around Anaheim

What are the exact dates?

Balboa Island is great to stroll in the evening after dinner when all the lights are on. Up the road from there Fashion Island has a great Christmas tree.

I'd consider two days in Newport/Laguna instead of going all the way down and back to San Diego.

5. Re: Xmas lights around Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 16, 2015