We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

refurbishments first week of Dec in Disney parks

Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
refurbishments first week of Dec in Disney parks

Is the first week of Dec a good time to visit the parks or are a lot of the main attractions closed down for refurbishments

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
158 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: refurbishments first week of Dec in Disney parks

From what I've seen from 2013 refurbishment schedules the only rides completely closed in early December 2013 were Casey Junior Circus trains and Storybook Land Canal Boats. Doesn't look like a busy refurbishment period.

isitpacked.com/disneyland-crowd-forecast-pre…

This free crowd predictor estimates reasonable crowds on weekdays, with weekends being busy.

Christmas decorations will be up, not too crazy crowds, not many refurbishments.. Looks like a lovely time to visit!!! I'm sure the California locals will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: refurbishments first week of Dec in Disney parks

Thank you so much for your reply this is the first time for my 10 yr old son and I haven't been since 1996.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,159 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: refurbishments first week of Dec in Disney parks

This year I dont see much being closed for the first week of Dec except Goofys Sky School.

mouseplanet.com/10810/…Rehabs

There is the Candlelight processional likely on Dec 6th and 7th for 2014 that bring in a larger crowd to see that.

wdwinfo.com/disneyland/…holiday-season.htm

In early Dec there would be a nightly Fireworks show since its Christmastime. Fantasmic would only be on weekends, Fri,Sat,Sun. Hours would be shorter during weekdays something like 10am till 8pm M-Thurs and longer hours of around 8am till 12pm Fri,Sat,Sun.

Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
883 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
21,189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: refurbishments first week of Dec in Disney parks

It is hard to say about anything other than rides, i.e. shops and restaurants, although restaurant closures are usually listed. Disneyland Park has been getting spruced up for next year's 60th anniversary. Recent work has been going on in Main Street on the buildings, which should be done by early December. They are open, but not as attractive as when work is not being done. So, just saying, don't expect perfection as usual.

The fact that Candlelight Processional is that week is a great plus. It is a wonderful performance and one of the best things about Christmastime at Disneyland. It will probably not be listed on line in their entertainment schedule, but information will be announced in the official Disney Parks blog on line. There are two performances on that Sat and Sun, in Town Square on Main Street. Only that area gets very crowded before, during, and after the performances. It is easiest to see the first performance, arriving early for a nice spot in the standing room areas, then afterwards, go enjoy the rest of the park.

The Disneyland Railroad will not run during Candlelight, as the Main Street station's stairs, platform, and roof are used for this impressive performance. It will not run during the preparations for the performances, either. Or it might run, but not stop at Main Street.

Edited: 1:41 am, September 26, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Park
Disneyland Park
24,960 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
5. Re: refurbishments first week of Dec in Disney parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, September 28, 2015