We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from DL to Paramount Studios on Gower St.

Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travel from DL to Paramount Studios on Gower St.

We have tickets to a taping and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way for the two of us to get there without being too stressed out...

thanks, as always, for the great advice!!

L in Canada

Near Disneyland
Level Contributor
724 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from DL to Paramount Studios on Gower St.

I'm not sure about parking but there is a structure on Gower 2 blocks north of Melrose at Waring/Gower. Think it's $5 to park in there. Or there is street parking but watch out for meters.

Now for your directions:

Take I-5 North to 101 North, exit Melrose and turn left. Go 1 1/2 miles west to Gower and turn right.

Give yourself about 90 minutes to get there during peak rush hour times which is 2:30pm-6:30pm Mon-Fri. Most tapings I believe are in the afternoon. What are you going to see? A sitcom? Dr. Phil?

Also if your tickets say to show up an hour or more before your taping they are strict about that because they have to check everyone in for a headcount, go thru security, etc.

Cellphones are checked in with security for later retrieval or just leave in the car.

If you can leave earlier in the day like 11am-1pm and go visit the Kodak Theater and Walk of Fame in Hollywood that's about 3 miles from Paramount. That's at Hollywood and Highland Streets and Highland connects to Melrose west of the studio.

Take the 101 a little further north to Hollywood Blvd to see the Kodak.

2. Re: travel from DL to Paramount Studios on Gower St.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 17, 2009