We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

Hi,

I would appreciate any help . We will be going to Disneyland in February and need to find accommodation for 2 adults and 5 children. We either need to adjoining rooms or a suite. My little 3 could easily share one queen size bed. I also need to be close to DL as my husband has a medical condition that leaves him tired at times. We are hoping to do this as economically as possible . Oh yes,a fridge would be nice.

I have heard that the Best Western Park Place, ParkVue or Camelot might fit the bill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tasmania, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

Have you had a look at the Residence Inn Garden Grove http://www.residenceinnanaheim.com. They have 2br/2bathroom suites that sleep up to 8 people and get good reviews on tripadvisor.

They are a little futher from Disneyland than the hotels you have mentioned, but the Residence Inn is served by the ART shuttle.

santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
668 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

Park Vue has always been our favorite....it's located at the crosswalk to Disneyland on Harbor Blvd, less than a 5 minute walk to the Disney/Calif.Adventure entrance gates. The rooms have recently been remodeled and have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee machines. Ask for a room upfront so you don't have to take that looong walk to the back of the hotel. We had a one bedroom suite that fit 2 adults and 5 kids comfortably.

The hotel also has a pool, hot tub, free breakfast, gift shop and is located right next door to Denny's. Have fun!!

santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
668 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

Sorry, I meant a *TWO room suite*., which had a total of 3 queen size beds.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

You'd probably be best with two connecting rooms at the BW Park Place so you'd also have two bathrooms. Unless of course some of the other 2 room suites mentioned have 2 bathrooms as well.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

Think about the Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Resort, Garden Grove, California

It includes free breakfast as well.

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

Kid you not....I went to Dland late tonight to pick up my teenager and I checked out the hotels from the street. They are directly across the street from Dland but more of motel than hotel...you park you car outside your room and rooms are accessible from the parking lot...some are several stories high. There are several restaurants and fast food within the same block on the same side of the street too such as McDonald's and Denney's. It is very busy and touristy. If price and closeness was the only factor then I guess I would stay there. Looked like ALL the hotels across the street were all motel style.

The embassy suites is nicer but further south of Dland. You could not walk ( I am guessing 4 miles?) but there are cable type cars and rides from the hotels. This area is more of hotels rather than motels. Right in front of this hotel (embassy) is Bucco de Beppo (Italian) on the same lot and at the corner is Red Robin, Outback steak house and more. It is nestled in with Hampton Inn and bit further down is Residence Inn and the Hyatt. I would choose those anyday over the other ones but I am picky where I lay my head at night. This area is more toned down and not swamped with people either and high traffic.

The Embassy, Hampton's and Residence inns are usually suites for familys and usually include free breakfast. (check website to be sure) and the Embassy does not charge for parking I believe. So if you had to factor in food. and parking...maybe the Embassy might be comprable.....

Have fun!

Huntington Beach
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

I meant to say the Embassy is 1 mile away

8. Re: disneyland hotel accommodation for large family in Feb.2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 16, 2009