We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland Operating hours off season

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland Operating hours off season

Hi

I am reading the Unofficial Guide Disneyland 2014. I am a little confused on when is the best time to go on the rides. The book keeps mentioning to "best before 10am". If we are planning to go in November - and the park doesn't open until 9am - 10am for DCA - Do we have time to do everything we want to do? We really want to see Fantasmic - so I was hoping we could squeeze it in on a Sunday or a Friday.

Our plan - is to be there from November 16-21 (leaving Friday morning). My question is essentially, is it possible to do all the rides during the off season - assuming we go 2 days to Disney and 2 days to California adventure? I was hoping to arrive Sunday sometime in the afternoon - and use one of our 5 hopper days to go into the park, stroll around and see fantasmic (of course my two kiddos will want to ride some rides, but I also figure it will be super busy, so there is no "plan" for that day).

Any ideas/comments will be welcome. This is our first trip to Disneyland and I am hoping we can do/see most of it. Or at least the "must see" rides and shows.

Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

The "before 10am" is likely an example. The first few hours after Park opening time is usually the least busy time at Disneyland whenever it opens. Hours in Nov on weekdays M-Thurs are usually 10am till 8pm with longer hours of around 8 or 9am till 11or 12pm. Fri, Sat, Sun.

Sunday Nov 16th would likely still have heavy crowds from the new Half Marathon that weekend. Then, starting with Nov 17th onward should have pretty light crowds for Disneyland, with the 21st having larger crowds comming in later in the afternoon for the weekend, and the locals visiting usually after work, ect.

You should have plenty of time to visit both Parks in 5 days since most of your visit should have lower crowd numbers.

One thing though to keep in mind is if you have a Parkhopper ticket, theres no reason to limit yourself to just one Park per day. Both Park entrances face each other and are separated by a walkway area. Many people will think of both Parks as really one big Park and hop back and forth to each Park multiple times in a day which is easy to do. You may also find when Disneyland Park gets crowded, you can hop over to California Adventure Park for a while which is usually a little less crowded.

…arescdn.com/images/…DLR.pdf

Heres more info on last years hours in Nov in case we havent given you that info yet, to give you some idea of whats offered in that month, ect. When an event is available, a time will be posted.

www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm…

The Best ride Imo in both Parks is Pirates of the Carribean and a do not miss. I would also not miss seeing Carsland after dark, its quite interesting lighting on the Mountains and in the whole area. The Fireworks show is also a must see Imo, its always very neat.

Edited: 1:49 pm, May 15, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

And heres more info on the free Fastpass system at Disneyland which is very helpful with your planning.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c3632/Anaheim:…

Rides with Fastpasses are usually one that will have the longest wait times so its a good idea to do those first, or pick up a Fastpass.

For Indiana Jones Adventure if you are interested in that ride ( which with the ages of your children they will likely be) I would suggest doing that first thing, it usually has longer wait time later, or picking up a Fastpass to use later.

And for Radiator Springs Racer ride which usually has longer wait times I would suggest doing that single rider which has a short wait time usually. Or picking up a Fastpass right at Park opening time, as they are usually gone for the day about 1 hour after they are available. For some of your weekdays though, you may not have as much of a line since it should be a less busy time.

Edited: 1:55 pm, May 15, 2014
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,825 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

In general the first hour the park is open, be it 8AM or 9AM, it is the least crowded hour of the day. Hour two has more and hour three even more. It probably peeks between hours four and eight and then starts to taper after that.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

Thanks for all the information! There is so much to learn before we head out. Of course we will have fun no matter what, but it is nice to be prepared.

We definitely want to do Indiana Jones - both my kids have seen them all (well my 7 year old hasn't seen parts of the 2nd one). And we also will definitely ride Cars Land - even if it takes a while to get there. My 7 year old loves the movies. :-)

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,809 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

Your dates are during the beginning of Disneyland Resort's Christmas season, not during an off season. I would consider that a good thing, though. There are nightly fireworks, for example.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

Will the Christmas decorations be up? I didn't think about that. It would be nice though.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

But it would still the be the off season as far as hours go which is what I was refering to.

Most likely Christmastime would have started by your dates, since it usually starts in mid Nov, and has been getting a little earlier than that each year it seems. So very likely at least for part of your dates it would be Christmastime at Disneyland. No offiical info though will be out for this year usually till August or so, but heres more info from last years Christmastime to give you some idea of whats offered.

wdwinfo.com/disneyland/…holiday-season.htm

8. Re: Disneyland Operating hours off season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 18, 2015