We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fireworks outside park and trip back to ocean question

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
fireworks outside park and trip back to ocean question

Heading to DL in mid June Mon-Thurs- we are hoping to fly in and spend time at the beach, see sunset on the beach, drive to hotel across from DL (Ramada) in time for fireworks. Can you see then outside of the park- and is anyplace better than another if so?

2 days in DL- with one at each park is the next plan, then back to a beach before a 4pm flight out.

thought we'd sleep in till 8 if possible that last day, grab something to eat (miss rush hour) and head back to play on the beach again or just explore before flying out. Traveling with 14 year old niece who is likely to be up for anything in or out of the water with exception of shopping- like the idea of being in the water. She has never seen an ocean and this is her first trip to DL so wanted to get in a couple of experiences for both

returning to Phoenix so only an hour flight- so was thinking just a rinse off should be fine if we get in the water and have towels.

any suggestions? Sorry if redundant question- just started researching this trip here

So looking for place for fireworks outside park for first night, and best beaches coming in and going out

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: fireworks outside park and trip back to ocean question

Thanks everyone- great ideas! I love the idea of tide pooling with her as she has never seen the ocean and that is such a cool experience especially at low tide- I will definitely look more into this. Also like going to a couple of different places without too much driving. I've never even heard of Crystal cove and love that it may be less busy.

We're not going to stress about the fireworks the first night, just thought it may be a neat for her intro to Disney if she can see them that first night also if the timing works out. We'll be spending full nights at the park for both days so no sunsets at the beach on those days- only chance is the day we fly in. I'm not one to stress about that either- it she is looking tired, we'll just head to the hotel when she's done with the ocean- can't imagine that knowing her, but want her fresh for Disney! :)

12. Re: fireworks outside park and trip back to ocean question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 30, 2015