We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining before Friday night fireworks

Level Contributor
232 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Dining before Friday night fireworks

So, you have persuaded me that my plan to take 2 small children to Blue Bayou before Friday night fireworks is not a good plan.

It is going to be a real challenge to keep the kids up that late but their whole image of Disneyland stems from the fireworks so we really want to try to see them. My plan is now to have dinner in Downtown Disney - probably Rainforest Cafe - at around 7pm and then to head back into Disneyland which I believe puts us in front of the castle which is where we want to be. Does that work? The date is 9 May so fireworks should be around 9.30pm. The crowds are predicted to be fairly light so I don't think there is much risk that DL will be full when we try to re-enter.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,974 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dining before Friday night fireworks

The Disneyland parking lots open one hour prior to the published opening time of the earliest opening park. That means that if Disneyland is scheduled to open at 9AM the parking lots opens at 8AM and 1 hour is more than enough time to get into the parks before the "rope drops" to let guests into the various lands of Disneyland.

As to dining. If you get into the Rainforest Cafe at 7PM, I think you'd be done by 8:30PM at the very latest, probably closer to 8PM or 8:15PM and that should give you time to get back to DL to find a decent spot in front of the castle.

But all things being equal with two small children, I probably wouldn't leave the park, especially not to go all the way down the RFC since it is about as far as you can go in Downtown Disney.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,270 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dining before Friday night fireworks

Sorry about that info, dont know what I was thinking ( or not thinking). As Scott said, Parking is open 1 hour before regular Park opening time, not 30 min.

13. Re: Dining before Friday night fireworks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 30, 2015
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question