We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

How strict are the parks about bringing in a soft sided cooler bag with drinks and food or snacks? The cost of food is always pricey at WDW and DL so want to pack things to save on cost.

Pauma Valley, CA
Level Contributor
405 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

I have had no problem bringing a few snacks into the park as well as refillable water bottles. Bringing a lot or a pack lunch probably won't make it. They do inspect bags at the gate.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,562 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

If its a small one, like six inches or so, you should be fine, but no coolers, and no drinks in glass containers. Lots of people bring in thier own water bottles and small snacks or sandwiches for small children ect.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

Great- thanks!

Orange, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

I bring in a "cooler" soft lunch bag thing every time I go. Full lunch, fruit, milk with ice pack for my daughter. They look through it and then hand it right back, no problems. I also bring dry snacks and fruit in my backpack (my four year old eats like a teenaged boy).

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

Oh good. We will certainly bring a little cooler bag in then. Saves $ which is nice. :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

Will be allowed to bring a sippy cup or reusable water bottle filled with water and/or juice? Or will it have to be empty when we go in and re-filled inside the park? We will definitely need to bring several bottles with us for our kids.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,562 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

There shouldnt be an issue if they are not in glass bottles which they wont allow inside the Park unless you have some kind of special need for them.

8. Re: Taking food/drinks into DL and CA parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 20, 2015