We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Disneyland in Mid May 2014 or Mid Sept 2014

new zealand
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Visit Disneyland in Mid May 2014 or Mid Sept 2014

Hi,

We are a family of four, 2 children 8 (boy) and 7 (girl) and 2 adults.

We will be travelling from New Zealand to Disneyland in either May (17th) or Sept (17th) 2014 for 6 days. I realise it's getting a bit late for May but I would really like to know which month would be the best in terms of crowds and attractions/rides being open.

I've had a look at the crowds and May and September seem to be relatively okay. I found several sites regarding "ride and attraction closings and refurbishments for 2014" but some seem to differ in terms of opening dates so I wasn't quite sure which was the correct site to look at.

I would really like to take my niece on the Alice in Wonderland and It's a small World ride and both my son and niece on the Finding Nemo, Soarin Over California and Space Mountain rides. The site I looked at had me looking more towards September simply due to the fact that it said these above rides would still be closed in mid May.

Any advice, tips or comments would be greatly appreciated

PS: the accommodation for our trip is sorted it's just when we will go.

Thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Visit Disneyland in Mid May 2014 or Mid Sept 2014

Since I gave a shout out to "Pacific" (sorry don't know how to abbreviate ;) RR also has great comments... I think we have all said, it MIGHT not reopen. So something to think about, it IS closed through the summer, and after that, who knows....

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visit Disneyland in Mid May 2014 or Mid Sept 2014

I found all the grad days kn May to be a hassel. Lots and lots of teenagers walking in big groups as if the park was open just for them. Swearing and having no respect for little kids and familys. Not all teens of course but quite a few to make my visit unpleasant. So my advise is dont go on grad days, check the info on which days are Grad days in late May. Early May is great !

NH
Level Contributor
303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visit Disneyland in Mid May 2014 or Mid Sept 2014

Hi, I will be at Disneyland from the Boston area on Sept. 20 and 21 and have done a ton of research so I hope I can add something helpful to this. The Disneyland Resort Park Hours site says that DL will be open from 9 am to midnight and CA from 9am to 10 pm on the 20th and 21st (actually opening at 8 on Sunday!) My daughter lives in LA so she says it will be hot during that time and that the Halloween overlays will be done by the 12th. The only closures seem to be Nemo, Mark Twain riverboats, Captain EO, and the Horse Drawn streetcars. I am so excited since I have been to DWR many times but only to DLR once and barely remember it since it was a band trip (along with 18 other bands on the same day for the Rose Parade in 2001) so this will be new to me too!! Have a wonderful trip, looks like mid September is a great time to go!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,653 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Visit Disneyland in Mid May 2014 or Mid Sept 2014

Keep in mind this is an older post from March someone recently brought up again, and the OP has already decided to visit in Sept, and is likely getting ready for thier visit soon.

Edited: 11:00 pm, September 01, 2014
15. Re: Visit Disneyland in Mid May 2014 or Mid Sept 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 03, 2015