We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anabella or Candy Cane

7 posts
Save Topic
Anabella or Candy Cane

Need help making up mind between the Anabella or Candy Cane. Will be visiting in March. Husband 2 boys and myself

thanks

Washingon
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Anabella or Candy Cane

Hi mommaj2, we stayed at the Annabella for 10 days at Christmas/New Year 2003/04 and it was okay. Seemed fairly clean and the staff were helpful - it is older with some renovations - wasn't as nice as the pictures on the internet looked. The laundry facilities were not good - only a few machines and only open during the day - when you are wanting to be in the park. The laundry part might not be a big thing for you since you only plan 2 days @ DL. HOWEVER the Candy Cane Inn has great reviews and I would be inclined to try it if I were chosing between the Annabella and the Candy Cane - first for the excellent reviews and second it is closer to the main gates. It is quite a walk to the Annabella after the long days at DL - you can buy a pass and ride the ART transportation system but if you have small children in strollers and they are asleep you find it easier to walk then try to get the kids out and the strollers and all the bags out, folded and onto the trolleys. Hope this helps a bit, have a great trip, c-Razey for Disneyland

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anabella or Candy Cane

I agree- Candy Cane is an easy walk to the Park, and would be my choice between the 2. My daughter stayed at the Anabella with some friends and didn't think too much of it.

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anabella or Candy Cane

Thank yo so much for the input. I have been reading good reports about the Candy Cane. Any other great hotels close to DL.. How about views of the park from the rooms?

Thanks agin for your rreplys.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
585 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anabella or Candy Cane

We have stayed at the Candy Cane several times and always enjoyed it. Breakfast included. I don't think any rooms have a view of the park.

I think the place has an unfortunate name. It always makes me think of someplace really cheesy. But amongst the 100's of motels that ring Disneyland, it is one of the nicest.

It is within walking distance to the park, but after being on your feet all day you won't feel like walking back at night. Fortunately CC has their own shuttle to/from the park. You will be glad they do.......

Go early to the park, right at opening, and use the fast pass... use the fast pass.......use the fast pass!

7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anabella or Candy Cane

Thanks for the help! With all the good reviews about Candy Land thats who we are going with.

Friends here told me the fastpasses were the only way to go. Almost like having a schudel.

I am wondering about shuttle to and from the Airport. We already have a hotel in Irvine and got a great deal on rent car, but only if we do not rent it from the airport (large extra airport taxes) so we are hoping that we won't need to rent it before we get to Irvine. Any info out there?

Thanks to all