We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pirates of the Caribbean

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Pirates of the Caribbean

Just caught wind on the dis boards that POTC will have a refurb sometime in the next few months but there is discrepancy as to exactly when.

Going off of the DL map on the DL website it says 1/27-2/13 for closure. But some are atlking about April.

It makes me want to hyperventilate. It's my favorite ride, and the one I'm most looking forward to showing my 3 year old daughter.

Our dates are 4/26-4/29.

Anyone have an insiders scoop. I'll be devastated. And plane tickets are bought so what can I do but cry....

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,284 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Who says it is April?

Every site I see says Jan 27 to Feb 13.

www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab

california
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

There's a whole convo going on about it on the dis boards, on page 15 of the 'updated list for ride refurb 2014' thread, someone said a CM told them it was closing 4/22.

I realize this is a little like the game 'telephone' and I'm not trying to start rumors, just want to clarify and brace myself of this is indeed true

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,454 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Alot of new refurbisments seem to be comming up and being posted on various unofficial Disneyland blog sites, such as Mouseplanet.com ect.

I dont even see the Pirates of the Caribbean listed now at all for refurbishment on the Disneyland.com Calendar right now. LIkely because they are in the process of changing things around and deciding whats what ect.

Your also not likely Imo to get any inside info by contacting Disneyland, or having people talk to CM's at Disneyland who see from what I have seen to know very little of what may actually be going on alot of times.

I would suggest before you get too upset, to just wait at least a few weeks and see what info actually shows up. Theres just no way to know right now what may be going on or not going on.

Edited: 8:49 pm, January 19, 2014
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,284 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Disboards, Micechat, WDWmagic are all better sources for the most current going ons in Disneyland.

A cast member isn't always the best source of information because rumors do run rife all the time, but as close as the previous dates for the rehab are now, a cast member would know if a rehab were happening because they wouldn't be able to schedule hours on POC. So it looks like Jan 27 isn't the start date, but that doesn't translate into a CM having the exact new dates automatically.

california
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Ok, thank you. Just trying to get any/all info I can to brace myself! It's almost a deal breaker, having POTC closed when we go.

I would call United and beg and plead....!!!!

Please if you can, if anyone gets updated new info on this, let me know? ;-)

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,454 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

We will try to keep an eye on things for you, and you can keep checking some of the sites mentioned here in this thread to see what may be going on. And I would keep checking the Disneyland.com calendar to see what may show up.

california
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Following dis boards as it's recommended as a good source, people are saying that POTC will be closed, but Disney site doesn't. Now there's mention of The Little Mermaid ride being down at our time. This combined with Alice in Wonderland and Soarin' is sure hitting hard.

Enough for me to possibly change dates.

What list if any do any of the DE's have currently for ride closures/rehabs are you following? Links please?

We have a wedding to go to in Texas mid may. IF we changed our current dates (4/25-4/29) what would be a better alternative? Is the busy weekend in may memorial weekend only? What is early June like? Geez!!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,454 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

This thread should be somewhat helpful to you as it discusses the recent refurbisment rumors. The Mouseplanet link posted in the thread is the one that most are referring to about the closures.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k709106…

And here is the Mouseplanet link being referred to

mouseplanet.com/10580/Disneyland_Resort_Upda…

I think though before you change any plans you wait a few weeks or so to see what info shows up, some is likely to show up to either confirm that info or not. And Disneyland seems to be right in the middle of deciding what refubisments they will or will not do, so things can change.

Edited: 3:03 pm, January 22, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,454 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Just an update.

It appears that the info given for the Pirates of the Carribean was incorrect, and Pirates of the Carribean should not be under refurbisment for your visit! ...

The Mouseplanet website states in thier newest Disneyland blog....

>>>>"Finally, it appears that the refurbishment of the Sailing Ship Columbia was mistakenly listed as a Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment on one official Disney publication, so we've removed that from the list below.">>>>>

mouseplanet.com/10596/…news3

california
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Thanks Happy, I have been researching this, just now actually.

It is listed as being down during my visit on disneylandscoop.com from 4/13-5/23

And on the DIS boards from 4/28-5/22

Really not sure what to believe at this point! Because if the mouse planet site didn't mean to list it and it was an accident, what can be said for these two sites?

I'm hoping if anything, the DIS boards are right, as it will give us two days to enjoy POTC before it goes down....