We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

I'm thinking of booking the Disneyland Resort View with the Disney Themed room at the Fairfield Inn rather than the Disney Themed Room City View for our party of four (ages 18+). It's $15 more per night than the other, and DS is really big on views. Has anyone ever booked one of these rooms and what did you think?

**************************************************************************************************************

Cost side note: This is going to be a much less expensive stay (it's an add on to an LA trip) than I originally thought, so the $45 addition for the Disneyland view for the three night stay would be no big deal at all. It's not like the Grand Californian where a nicer view costs for our dates about $130 a night, but then again you are talking a balcony too where a view means a lot more vs. looking out a window. DS, though, does like nice views even when we just have a window. That means more to him than most people.

Miscellaneous Side notes (superfluous info): We were originally looking at the Grand Californian, but decided no based on cost. We were originally going to do park hoppers, but decided to just do two base tickets as we see plenty in each park we want to do and not so much we want to do in either park that we can't cover it in one day. We have the option to add those if we change our mind, just by stopping by the ticket booth, but aren't planning on these up front. We also were originally thinking about the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour" too but being that this is probably our only visit to the Disneyland resort and we just have two days in the parks, we decided against this (18 year olds' decision). Even though we could send the kids off on rides and do the tour ourselves, we just have so much fun with them at theme parks that we'd rather spend the time with them than do this even though the tour sounds fantastic and I love things like this. With their own active social lives, we don't have as much time as we used to, to just hang and have fun with them, so we value this so much when we get the chance. And what more fun place to hang with your older kids than a Disney theme park when you are all Disney theme park fans.)

Anyway enough superfluous information: Did you ever get a room at the Fairfield with a Disneyland view and if so what did you think about it?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,210 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

I would spend the little extra to get the Disney view. Likely to be a very nice view of Disneyland. The "City view" is more likely to be of the freeway a little behind the Hotel, or the other Hotels around the Fairfield.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,210 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

This is a good video on youtube of the view of the Farifield Inn from one of the Disney view rooms. ( Toy Story suite)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR_o5l4b-U8

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

Thanks so much happytotrip. This is just what I needed to know. I appreciate your finding the link to the video too. This looks like a great option for our family, and something that would definitely be worth it for us.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,850 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

If I recall, you've never been to Disneyland before? Or at least not since they built Disney's California Adventure?

I would spend the extra $35 for a 2 Day Park Hopper ticket. The two parks are yards apart, not miles like at WDW, you can hold Fast Passes in both parks and if you want to see Fantasmic both days or World of Color both days (or any other show/parade) or go twice on a ride, you can.

You can go into one park at the opening (chose the rides you want to see the most and do them very early or very late) and if the standby time is too long, get a Fast Pass and then bump over to the other park to go on a ride there or get a Fast Pass, then you can start hitting rides and change parks as easily as you move from the World Showcase to Future World in Epcot.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

Thanks Scottca075, You are remembering correctly. I've budgeted for the park hoppers for sure as after we finish our must dos at each park on our touring plan we may very well want to hop. It being $140 though, I'll probably wait an see if we feel like doing that and make a quick stop at the ticket window to upgrade if we do (I'm totally keeping that as an option for us, though). I think we will probably want to see both night time shows. Fatasmic shouldn't be a problem, as we'll, to avoid the huge crowds and just do the second show. WOC is what I'm still trying to figure out. We love those Bellagio fountains, so I'm sure we'd like this too. We realize too that weather could kill show plans, but if weather cooperates we'd love to see these.

Edited: 5:02 pm, January 01, 2014
6. Re: Disneyland Resort View Fairfield Inn - Nicer than CIty View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 03, 2015