We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland on a budget

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland on a budget

I am considering a last minute trip to Disneyland over Martin Luther King weekend. It would be me and my 16 year old son. We have enough airline miles for our airfare. With the retired military benefit, a 3 day park hopper would be $129 each, car rental $141. I'm looking for the cheapest option for a hotel. It looks like the Days Inn Maingate has free parking and a free shuttle to the parks, and we could stay there for $54 per night, including a continental breakfast. Any thoughts on a better place to stay for around that price? Also any thoughts on a cheaper rental car or other ways to save money would be appreciated. Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,562 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Disneyland on a budget

Keep in mind you can get a free cup of water with Ice or just ice at any of the counter service restaurants if you ask specifically for a "Cup" of water. And there are various places where you can share a meal such as the Pacific Warf Cafe which has great food, and their sandwiches are very large and can easily feed 2 adults.

Heres a few threads on inexpensive eating around Disneyland

tripadvisor.com/…32961412

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k312607…

Heres a list of menus around Disneyland and Downtown Disney that show pricing as well.

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

And heres a good website that lists discounts for some of the places to eat around Disneyland as well as a $5 off coupon for the Disneyland resort Express.

http://anaheimoc.org/coupons

And the Mousesavers.com website is a good resource for you as they list current discounts on attractions for you ( they dont sell tickets) They also offer some good tips on saving money at Disneyland on food ect which should be helpful

mousesavers.com/disneyland-california-vacati…

California
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Disneyland on a budget

For sure try and bring your own food into the park, or leave the park to eat. Food inside of the parks is anything but budget friendly.

Definitely!!! As stated, bring a backpack or something and stock up on food! I usually bring pizza or a sandwich or burrito or burger, etc. Or as mentioned, eat as much as you can at your hotel in the morning if breakfast is included.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,562 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Disneyland on a budget

I dont agree, there are plenty of inexpensive places to get a quick meal inside the Park that are reasonable ( info included in the links I posted previously) and many people dont want to walk all the way out of the Park just to get something to eat, that can take extra energy you need for Disneyland.

Sequim, Washington
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Disneyland on a budget

Great coupon sites, thanks!

15. Re: Disneyland on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 06, 2015