We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastpass Question for DCA

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fastpass Question for DCA

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am trying to wrap my head around the whole fastpass concept. At DCA, I know that I need to get in line early for a fastpass to Radiator Springs. I know they run out early and that's the first thing on my list. Got it...check! Now what about World of Color? I just realized this weekend that I need a fastpass for that as well. As I understand it (this may be when my confusion is), you can only have one fastpass at a time. So if my fastpass for RS is say 3:00pm then does that mean we can get a WOC fastpass until after that? And even if we can get on earlier, once I have a fastpass for WOC can I not get another fastpass for another ride until after the WOC show? It seems to me that since you need a fastpass for WOC, and the show isn't until the evening, that you couldn't have another fastpass for other things earlier in the day.

Hope this isn't too confusing.

Thanks so much in advance for the help

L

Helena, Alabama
Level Contributor
259 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastpass Question for DCA

The FastPasses for WOC are NOT connected to the general FP system so you can get a Radiator Springs Racer FP and then immediately walk over to Grizzly Peak (where WOC FP are distributed) and get a FP for WOC within minutes of each other. Enjoy! :-)

Phoenix, Arizona
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastpass Question for DCA

If it works like Disneyland (haven't been to the California Adventures side) you can get another fast pass an hour after you get one or whatever the time for the fast pass is. So if it is 9am and your pass says 9:20, you can get another fast pass at 9:20, if you get there at 9am and your fast pass says 10:30, you can get another at 10:00. And it is my understanding you can hold onto your pass and use it anytime after the time, you don't have to use it at the printed time. So if it says 2pm, you can't use it at 1pm, but you can use it at 3pm.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastpass Question for DCA

thanks so much Civilengtiger. I thought it was something like that. Seems to me that the "fastpass" for WOC is really not the same as the others. it ought to be called something else. Like Entry ticket or something.

Thanks again.

L

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,653 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastpass Question for DCA

You might want to look through this good article on the subject of Fastpasses which is helpful to you.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-c3632/Anaheim:…

civilengtiger is correct with thier good info, those two Fastpasses are not linked to the general Fastpass system.

Unfortunately its not correct that you can use Fastpasses past the return time listed anymore, they have now been enforcing Fastpass return times at Disneyland since about the beginning of 2013

Edited: 11:51 pm, October 29, 2013
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastpass Question for DCA

Happytotrip, thank you so much for the provided link. I think I may actually have a handle on this.

Thank you to everyone that responded to my question. Great info.

L

6. Re: Fastpass Question for DCA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 01, 2014