We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traffic hours?

san jose, california
Level Contributor
61 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
traffic hours?

my boyfriend and i are going to disneyland in august and are staying at fullerton marriott...the park opens at 8 that day and we were wondering at what time should we be leaving fullerton to beat traffic? i heard traffic is really really bad ..also we will be staying at marina del rey marriott then heading to universal studios ..park openning at 9 ..any idea what time we should be heading out to beat traffic? after universal we're going to head to fullerton marriott...is there traffic at night? kay thanks so much!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,495 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traffic hours?

Travel to Universal to Marina del Rey will take an hour. Add a little bit of time for parking and getting to the main gate, say 10 or 15 minutes. The best time to drive to Fullerton is in the evening. Have dinner in Hollywood and startt your drive after 7:30 pm.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Fullerton
Fullerton
Orange County, CA
san jose, california
Level Contributor
61 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traffic hours?

an hour from marina del rey to universal studios ? really they told me it'd take 30 mins -=( hmm well how about from fullerton to disneyland...in the morning...what time does traffic usually start?

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traffic hours?

Traffic usually starts to get bad around 7:30 / 8:00 depending on the area and continues until 9:30 / 10:00.

Universal will take closer to an hour unless you hit absolutely NO traffic which is doubtful. It is only 30 miles, and if the freeway is opn you can make good time, but that stretch of the 405 is gemerally pretty trafficy.

Fullerton to Disneyland is pretty close - so even with bad traffic - if you leave there around 7:00 you should get to Disney by 7:30 or early and then have time to park and get to the main gate. Of course it depends where in Fullerton you are.

Mentioned in this post
Fullerton
Fullerton
Orange County, CA
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
342 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traffic hours?

I'm assuming you mean the Marriott near Cal State Fullerton? If so, you're not too far from DL - without getting on the freeway (which will sometimes increase your travel time if you're driving during rush hour), it shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes to get there.

For the simplest route, head south on State College (you'll hit a lot of lights, but you'll still make it in the time I noted above), then make a right on Ball Road just past the 5 freeway, then follow the signs to the park. Alternatively, you could head west on either Chapman or Commonwealth until you get to Harbor, and then take that all the way south to DL.

Either way, it shouldn't take you very long at all.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
342 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traffic hours?

Arg, I hate that I can't edit my posts!!!! Re-reading my first post, it sounds like you hit Ball Road just past where State College crosses the 5 freeway, which is not correct.

To clarify what I noted above: for the State College route, I meant that you make a right onto Ball Road (it's about 2 1/2 or 3 miles along State College, heading away from Cal State Fullerton), and then follow it to just past the 5 freeway, when you'll start seeing signs telling you where to go for the park.

san jose, california
Level Contributor
61 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: traffic hours?

oohh okay..thank you so much for your responses!! you really helped out alot..im so obsessive when it comes to trip planning..thanks again =)

7. Re: traffic hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 15, 2009