We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

Carlisle, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

Hi going to Anaheim for our next hols and just wondering if everything can be seen and done on a 2 day hopper or is it better to get the 3 day one? any advice welcome.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,653 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

Sandy2Argyll,

I would visit during the week if possible. Perhaps the Monday Oct 14th even though its the actual Holiday would likely be the least busy day of that weekend, and the Tues, Wed of that week. As Thurs Oct 17-20th would also be busy as its UEA for the State of Utah Schools ( Utah Education Assoc.) or nicknamed "Utahs Escape to Anaheim" for a good reason since all Utah Schools in the State have that 4 day weekend.

Argyll
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

Many thanks for advice.

Didn't mean to intrude Redlands!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

2 days is enough especially if there are only adults. if there are kids involved, depending upon their ages, you might want more days so that you could take breaks and enjoy your hotel. quite honestly, while some kids might want more days, after two days, some parents are getting miserable with the costs, crowds, etc...you might just want to resign yourself to two day at the one park. if your kids are little, they may be too short to go on some rides so you need to take that into consideration.

nz
Level Contributor
99 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

I read this thread with interest and wondered if we have made the right decision by coming the first week back to school in January.

We are there 6 th - 10th jan. 2014

I am thinking the Disney pass with Disney, California, ( 3 days,) universal and San Diego zoo . ( 1 day passes) It will be $314 next year.

Good buying?

might not go to San Diego but will do universal as we fly 10 pm Friday and will go then, then we will drop rental car off and then fly home ( nz) 10pm

There will be 2 adults and 4 kids, 17, 15.. Boys 12 and 11 girls

They want to do knotts berry so that will be on top re $$

We are at desert palms inn and suites, so we can walk.

Are there fireworks nightly, or just in summer/ weekend

Is it freezing in January? I saw 17 deg ( c) is that about right, or will we need scarfs and gloves!??

Hiring a van from lax, Monday at 7pm returning to lax on the Friday night .

Any tips ( re the lanes for more than 2 people in cars ..I just read about!) would be greatly appreciated.

I went to Disneyland as a 9 yr old and a 21 yr old..now I am needing glasses and my teeth are crumbling, but I am sure it will be brilliant.

nz
Level Contributor
99 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

Sorry meant , sea world. Not zoo

It's the Southern California pass.

We can use it Monday night when we arrive , then Tuesday, Wednesday knotts berry, or sea world ( as we paid for it!! thurs Disney , Friday universal ,

Carlisle, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

Hiya thanks for all your posts. Yes I was a bit vague with the information. We are going next year first 2 weeks in june with our 13 year old and our 9 year old. We have previously done WDW florida but did not enjoy it my son has dyspraxia and ADD so does not like large crowds and big spaces so we are hoping that this one being smaller will be more enjoyable for us. We want to do all the family and larger rides and my daughter will probably want to see a show or watch the fireworks. Just trying to organise finances early! Is it worth paying the extra for the hopper or is it better just to do the individual days and do one park per day? Don't want to pay for the three days if we aren't going to use them as we are getting the go card as well.

NJ
Level Contributor
800 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

If you want to see DL & CA you probably need the 2 day pass. We only wanted DL. We got there as the park opened & stayed all day. We saw everything we wanted to & didn't feel particularly rushed. We had lunch. We had dinner. We had time to sit & people watch. I would have been bored if we'd gone back for a 2nd day.

FWIW, we paid for the RideMax thing & while it wasn't great, it calmed my fears that we wouldn't have enough time.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,653 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

Kiorakiwi,

Well be happy to help you, but its a good idea to start your own post with questions since this thread is all about wend125 trip, and info is likely to get mixed up.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,653 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

wend125,

The first two weeks in June will be busy at Disneyland. Some Schools will get out for thier summer break in late May, and alot by the first week of June. By the second week of June most of them are out of session that take a summer break.

Since there are two Park located directly across from each other, things are different than at WDW, its much easier to hop back and forth to each Park, and really think of them as one big Park. I think you will enjoy the compactness of Disneyland, much easier to get around to things, so that should make things a little less overwhelming for all of you.

Since you have larger issues, you may want that third day since its busy, and to take things at a little slower pace. Keep in mind also that many things at Disneyland are unique to that Park only, and many rides ect are said to be better at Disneyland.

Whether or not you want to use the 1 Park per day option is up to you, as some people do that. And whether you want 2 or 3 days at Disneyland is up to what you may want to do. Can you spend 3 days at Disneyland and fill up your time? Yes, easily.

For Example...

The Enchanted Tiki Room, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mt, It's a small world, Fantasmic, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Great moments with Mr Lincoln, Its Tough to be a Bug, disneyland railroad, Golden Horseshoe, rireworks show, Mad Tea Party, Sorcerer's Workshop................ are all said to be better at Disneyland.

And, here is a list of rides ect that would only be at Disneyland not WDW

Alice in Wonderland

Casey Jr. Circus Train

Critter Country

Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes

Gadget's Go Coaster

Grand Canyon Diorama

Indiana Jones Adventure(which is a ride at Disneyland,and not a show)

Matterhorn Bobsleds

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

New Orleans Square

Pinocchio's Daring Journey

Primeval World

Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Sailing Ship Columbia

Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough

Storybook Land Canal Boats

Tarzan's Treehouse

World of Color show

Carsland

The Go cards can be a good option, but they do have some drawbacks to them such as having to visit an attraction at a certain time of day, and you wont likely be able to do all of the things available to you with the card. You can look at the Mousesavers.com website which is a good resource. They list current discounts on attractions for you ( they dont sell tickets) and you can compare multi-attraction tickets to see what may work best for you. But, since you are visiting in 2014, you may have to wait a while to see any kind of discounts really show up for 2014.

mousesavers.com/discounts-and-deals-at-other…

You can also stay directly across the street from the Disneyland Main Entrance and just walk into Disneyland which is convenient. Most of those are standard Motels with a few Hotels in a little father walking distance. Theres also the Art Shuttle service that goes from Disneyland to alot of area Hotels in area around Disneyland for a small fee per person.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

If you would like help finding somewhere to stay, you can give us a budget per night and what kind of accomodations you are looking for.

Carlisle, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: can you see everything in disneyland with a 2 day hopper?

thanks so much for your advice. We are going to get the 3 day ticket as it is only a little bit more expensive and means we can take everything slower.