We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland hotel

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland hotel

Hi All

Im looking for a hotel to stay in near as we can to the disney adventure park.Its only for one night 2nd of december.We are a family of 2adults 1child and an infant.I know the disneyland hotel is pricey but would it be worth it since we will be in the park all day.

Thank you in advance:)

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland hotel

I'd stay off property myself; the Best Western Park Place Inn is the closest hotel to Disneyland.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,210 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland hotel

Hello again Dabuna,

The Disney owned Hotels are very expensive, you did not seem to have that kind of budget when you posted in the LA forum. Or are you willing to pay alot more for Disneyland?

The closest Disney owned Hotel to California Adventure Park is the Grand Californian Hotel its sits right beside the Park and has its own private entrance to that Park. The Disneyland Hotel is about a 10 min walk with no shuttle service.

As said, there are plenty of standard Motels to stay at that are just as close or closer than the Disney owned Hotels to the entrance such as the well rated one mentioned, the Best Western Park Place inn which is a short 5 min walk across the street through the Disneyland Main Entrance and to the Turnstiles that go into either Park.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located near the Disneyland Main Entrance. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

There are two Parks located directly across from each other, so its easy to just hop back and forth to each Park. Usually though if you only have 1 day to visit its suggested to just visit Disneyland Park since there is plenty to do just in that Park to keep you busy for at least a day.Unless you have already looked through things and decided you are more interested in the attractions at Calfiornia Adventure Park.

Just so your aware, usually a 2 or 3 day Parkhopper is suggested for a visit, since there is plenty to do in both Park to keep you busy for at least that amount of time.

Edited: 11:49 am, August 28, 2013
Level Contributor
34,732 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland hotel

We have enjoyed stays at The Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel (several times) and the Marriott Fairfield Inn. All places were very enjoyable. For just one night, I would go with a less expensive place. If check-in is around 4 and check-out at 11:00 that doesn't give you much time at the hotel at all. Enjoy your time in Disneyland! :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland hotel

I remember when I was planning our first trip down, I found it very difficult to figure out from the maps where the hotels were in relationship to the main gates. Now that I've been there a couple of times, I can say that the Grand Californian hotel is the closest to the Parks (and a dedicated entrance to California Adventure Park), but the next closest point is where you see the IHOP Restaurant on that map that Happy linked for you. If you look at the hotels on Harbour Boulevard as they radiate away from the IHOP, you are as close to the gates as you can get.

I don't see how you can do this with only one night though. You need at least two nights in order to get one full day in the parks. As noted, if you are checking into the hotel that afternoon, and then checking out the following morning, when are you going to have time to visit Disneyland? Are you just planning to go in for a few hours on your arrival day?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland hotel

OK, the two closest Hotels/Motels to the Main Entrance Plaza (Ticket booths) are the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites. This distance is measured from the front desk of the accommodation to the center of the Plaza. There are a total of 5 that are closer that the Grand California Hotel (GCH). The GCH is very large and spread out, and many of the rooms are farther away. Also the main pathway to the Main Entrance Plaza places you inside of Downtown Disney near Sephora to get to Disneyland.

I think for one night, and the price differential I would start looking at some of the better rated Hotels/Motels at TA in the area, places like the Howard Johnson Plaza, the Park Vue Inn, and the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g29092-Anaheim_Califo…

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland hotel

I defer. I guess I was deluded into thinking proximity by the private entrance gate. Personally, I didn't like how you could see into the hotel rooms in the GCH from Goofy's Sky School and the Monorail. That would really bug me if I had paid big bucks for that hotel.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,210 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland hotel

Lots of rooms at the Grand Calfiornia would be closer to California Adventure Park where the OP seems to want to be closest to, they have thier own entrance into the Park, even the rooms farther away would be about the same walk if you went in through the private entrance as the places to stay across the street from the Main Entrance. I think its splitting hairs a little, as it certainly not enough of a difference which may or may not happen depending on where they are staying in the Grand Californian to make a difference. Its fine to stay there Imo.

If they are talking about Disneyland Park entrance, that may be slightly different.

Edited: 7:19 pm, August 28, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
53 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland hotel

The other benefit of the GCH (aside from proximity to the park) is that you will get early entry to one of the parks. (Which park depends on the day.) This is a HUGE benefit to beating crowds and would be really helpful for the OP who has such a short time to visit the parks.

Also, the GCH will hold your bags so you can check out, drop your bags with the bellmen and hang out at the parks until you need to leave.

If you want to be closer to the GCH entrance, simply request a room in that area rather than on the DTD end. They are pretty good at honoring requests.

Have fun!

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
33 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland hotel

The Disney property hotels are too expensive for a 1 night stay to be worth it. Get a comfortable room on Harbor Blvd for $150/night or less and spend all of you precious little time in the parks.

10. Re: Disneyland hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, September 03, 2014