We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
280 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

We will be visiting DL in October and will take a day to go to KBF on a weekday to avoid crowds. I realize our kids won't be able to enjoy much of the Halloween activities but our main goal is to ride rides without much of a wait time. We figure they'll get enough entertainment at DL the 3 days we'll be there. My questions are: I have 2 kids that are 43 inches, and 1 that is 37 inches. I was reviewing the height requirements for rides and am wondering for those rides that need an adult, will my husband and I be able to ride with all three children? OR is it one adult needed per child? If so, that will be difficult to manage :/ Also, being that it is a weekday, do they not have any shows at all? And lastly, any tips you could share re: rides to avoid or must see's, or food, etc. would be greatly appreciated (hahaha, I am a planner!) ;-)

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
181 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

The exact wording in the guide is "Some attractions may require a responsible person to accompany a guest". That uses the singular, but I don't think there's any problem in having 2 adults ride with 3 children.

KBF does not publish dates of special events far in advance. If you visit toward the second half of October, "Camp Spooky" will be running with games and trick-or-treating for the kids.

There will be shows on a weekday in October, but some of the more elaborate entertainment will be off for those days or the entire season.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
181 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

Unfortunately, I checked and found that last year, Camp Spooky was only on weekends.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

Keep in mind that there are also a few rides that have height restrictions as well where the child must go on the ride by themselves as you cannot be OVER a certain height as well so no adults. Such as the obvious, the Snoopy Bounce, Red Baron, Log Peeler, Huff and Puff, Joe Cool's GR8 SK8 ( if you happen to be tall and over 6ft 8)

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,809 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

They will most likely have the following shows then:

Calico Saloon Show

Western Stunt Show (aka Wagon Camp Show)

Native American Dancers (not there every day and sometimes afternoons only)

Mystery Lodge (technically an attraction, but considered a show since an actor plays the storyteller) - usually once an hour

Don't know if you would consider this a show, per say, but there are daily train robberies multipule times a day. The bandits are not very scary, though.

Knott's publishes their weekly show schedule each week on Mondays. There is a good chance that you can see the same basic schedule the first week of October as the week you are going. Then you might know better which day you would prefer, in case a show you really want to see is not on each day of the week. As mentioned, Knott's doesn't often publish show info far in advance, but with these basic, classic Knott's shows you can kind of figure they should be on during the week. This Week at Knott's schedule is on their website. I believe it is listed under What's New in their menu.

There is also the automated show available in Independence Hall. An audio recreation of the discussion leading up to the signing of tne Declaration of Independence. The room is a copy of the room the Continental Congress used, with tables set up to look like it. The coolest thing is hearing someone rise to speak and cross the room towards another table. It sounds as is they are really there. There is a railing between that area and the audience area, a small section of cushioned bleacher type seats. This is very informal. If Independence Hall is open you can just go in and ask the worker there to push the button to start the show. You can leave when you want to without staying for the whole thing. There is also a replica of the Liberty Bell and a button on the wall near that to hear a presentation on the facts about the bell.

In addition to the regular shows, you may find chatting with an employee or two entertaining. I found one of the men at Pan for Gold interesting. Kids like hanging out near the train where the cowboys are and messing with them.

Edited: 10:30 pm, July 22, 2013
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,809 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

By the way, if you want the kids to pan for gold, it is a $10 charge for each person. But you get a little bit of gold in a little glass jar as a souvenir.

6. Re: Questions re: Knotts Berry Farm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 24, 2014