We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

3 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

Hey guys, In September I'll be staying in Anaheim for 3 nights.On the 2nd night my friend and I are attending a concert in West Hollywood.

I highly doubt that the concert will finish before 11:30 pm so now I'm trying to work out the best way to get back to our hotel in Anaheim afterwards.

I'm not sure what to do if there is no public transport available that late at night. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,540 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

Taxi, an expensive taxi, would be your only alternative.

Where is the concert?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,811 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

Welcome to the forums Dani K,

Depending on where you concert is located, you might just want to spend the night near the Concert area, and take the train back the next morning, which is likely to cost you about as much as a Taxi or Shuttle service, since its quite expensive since Anaheim is about a 1 hour drive South of the LA area.

I think a Shuttle service is a much better option than a Taxi if possible since the Taxi wont charge a flat fee and may have a longer time billed to you if they need to try to get out of a busy concert area back to Anaheim.

Shuttle services such as Zippy Shuttle, Super Shuttle, Primetime shuttle, Karmel Shuttle all offer a private shuttle service along with their regular Shuttle service if you contact them directly. I know some will run quite late, but you would have to check to see if any would be willing to pick you up that late, if not, a Taxi would be your only option other than renting a car for the day which would be the most convenient and least expensive option.

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Zippy Shuttle
Zippy Shuttle
57 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Karmel Shuttle
Karmel Shuttle
133 Reviews
Fullerton, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

The concert is at the House of Blues on Sunset blvd

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

I'll investigate with the private shuttle option.

My friend & I are having a bit of a hectic trip with a concert in Anaheim the night before & our only day for Disneyland the day after the LA concert.

My concern with staying in LA that night is that the next morning we have to check out & get to Anaheim before we go to Disneyland. Plus with most hotels we won't be able to check in to one in Anaheim before we go to Disneyland.

Sounds tricky, hey?

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,811 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

Im actually talking about not checking out of your Anaheim Hotel, but just adding a room near the Concert as inexpensively as possible for the night you are going to the concert, its likely to be around the same cost. A shuttle is likely to be about $100 one way. But, If you want to be at Disneyland in the morning when it opens which is the least busy time and get a full day there, a Shuttle service or Taxi back to Anaheim after the Concert may be your best option.

Its late here where alot of us live on the West Coast, so you may not get many more replies tonite, but likely someone may post tomorrow with more info about the Concert area ect that are more familiar with that area than I am.

Mentioned in this post
The Anaheim Hotel
The Anaheim Hotel
126 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,701 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

Happy is spot on. Get a cheap hotel not far from the HOB and transfer to Anaheim in the morning. If, for example, you stay in Hollywood (not West Hollywood), you can jump onto the red line metro rail in the morning (get a wake up call for, say 6:30), leave the hotel by 7 and you'll be at Union (rail) station in downtown L.A. by 7:30. A train to Anaheim will get you there by about 8:15. Take a 5-minute taxi ride to Disneyland. Adjust your time earlier or later as you see fit. The two rail companies making the trip from Union Station to Anaheim are:

Amtrak.com (faster trains but more expensive)

Metrolinktrains.com (more frequent trains during 'rush hours')

Inexpensive motels in Hollywood include:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d133994-…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77256-R…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d77282-R…

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Anaheim
Anaheim
Orange County, CA
Hollywood
Hollywood
1,349 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
Union Station
Union Station
1,567 Reviews
Los Angeles, CA
7. Re: Getting from Hollywood to Anaheim late at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 19, 2014
;