We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween Time at Disneyland

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
100 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween Time at Disneyland

I know that there's a charge for the party nights, but can anyone tell me what is included? I'm not real keen on paying extra and not getting a lot for it (such as Halloween fireworks). Are you really getting anything that's worth the price? Thanks in advance for any help.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween Time at Disneyland

The candy! We came away with over a kilo each!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween Time at Disneyland

We went last year and yes, you'll get a tonne of candy!! But apart from that, the park is transformed - all decorated in Halloween gear and lighting, characters dressed up in Halloween costumes and the fireworks are wonderful. From memory we went in about 4pm til 11pm so we felt it was pretty good value as it added an extra half day. Wait times on the big rides was less too. If you have big kids and/or want to be scared......I'd recommend Knotts Scary Farm. We walked onto a lot of rides and loved the mazes!! That was a highlight for us.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,728 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween Time at Disneyland

Heres is more info from last years party nites so you can see what goes on, it includes some video. My favorite part is when they add colored mist over the Rivers of America, its spooky fun :)

wdwinfo.com/disneyland/…party

…go.com/blog/…

Edited: 12:05 pm, July 05, 2013
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
100 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween Time at Disneyland

Thanks to all! The description of the park sounds great! We'll probably do it then. From others Ive asked, they told me I had to dress in costume - and I'm not a costume person and don't want to, but I thought we might go at least once if it was worth it otherwise.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,633 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween Time at Disneyland

The parties include special Halloween fiteworks that can only be seen on party nights (Halloween Screams) and a Halloween themed parade that is also only available on party nignts. I have viewed video of both. The parade is good for all ages and on Main Street gives the look of a neighborhood block party with costumed characters. The fireworks are a buit too much for young children. At the end there is a sort of menacing character that encourages guests to scream. So lots of strangers screaming bloody murder. ( As the sayimg goes.)

But by avoiding the typically crowded viewing areas, it could possibly be easier on a young child

In past years, it was possible to see another fireworks show on non-party nights, Remember, Dreams Come True. I believe it has been up in the air if that will be the case this year. The Soundsational Parade should be scheduled each day, though.

Edited: 7:25 pm, July 05, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,728 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halloween Time at Disneyland

I have to say, I was not bothered by anyone who was screaming loudly during the Halloween Screams Fireworks at all. It was more of a ahhhh vs a loud yell since alot of the audience are parents. Perhaps the video can be somewhat deceiving since thing can sound much different on a recording. But the Scary Pumpkin head guy and some of the effects were a little too intense for small children we had with us, its a little more geared around adults really, but was fun.

No costumes are required for the Party nites, and, there are many people who do not dress in a costume, so you will defiinity not be out of place if you dont wear one.

7. Re: Halloween Time at Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 08, 2014