We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Anaheim

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Anaheim

We plan on driving from SF to Disneyland on Thanksgiving Day. We will be stopping by Long Beach to pick up grandpa along the way. Can anyone recommend a place for Thanksgiving dinner between Long Beach and Anaheim? We would prefer Anaheim as it is the final destination. There will be 6 adults and 1 toddler (3 years old)...with the possibility of more joining our group.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thanksgiving in Anaheim

No, the Thanksgiving Day Buffet is separate, so you can go and have the meal at the restaurant, or the Hotel. (Same food). Or you can opt for a combo ticket of the buffet and admission.

But it is your option, many folks opt for just the meal, others like going inside the park to do craft shopping and watch the Christmas Themed shows and not even bother with the rides.

Edited: 1:53 pm, August 01, 2013
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thanksgiving in Anaheim

Thanks Darkbeer! Do you know anything about Black Angus' Thanksgiving dinner? My husband said he read good things about it but I cant seem to find info anywhere!

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thanksgiving in Anaheim

Don't know about the Black Angus offering.

Here is a description of the Mrs. Knott's Thanksgiving Buffet from last year.

https://www.knotts.com/article/media-center/…

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,048 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thanksgiving in Anaheim

Thanks for the info. We will be at DL with a 2 toddlers right before Thanksgiving - hoping to avoid SOME of the crowds though I know we won't completely. We will go eat my favorite fried chicken and rhubarb pie at Mrs. Knotts! Probably just take out like we always did when we lived in SoCal. DB - do you think it will be crazy the 2-3 nights before Thanksgiving at the takeout store? I have waited maybe 20-30min in line before and don't mind doing that, though won't wait longer.

OP - we will also go to Little Saigon (nearby Garden Grove and Westminster) to eat if that is something your family likes. We will be eating the usual pho and 7 course beef there. Will probably go to Little India on Pioneer Blvd in Artesia to get my dosa fix. Real authentic and cheap dosa made and eaten by South Asians. I am happy to see that the "Dosa" restaurants are successful in SF, but they are a bit formal for my tastes.

Edited: 2:19 pm, August 01, 2013
Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
104 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thanksgiving in Anaheim

Hi, We did Thanksgiving at Disneyland 2 years ago, we were staying at the Grand Californian and booked into Storytellers cafe for thanksgiving dinner, it was very good, every thing was covered, turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie etc, my son loved it as they did mini personal pumpkin pies. You will have to book in advance. Try contacting Disney dining,

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,068 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Thanksgiving in Anaheim

Regarding Mrs. Knott's Thanksgiving:

You can save on parking costs by parking in the lot on Grand, which is the street that runs past the park entrance and through the Knott's Marketplace (where the restaurant and shops are). Part of the lot is also across from the Knott's Resort Hotel. That lot allows up to three hours free parking. You will see the lot entrance right next to TGI Fridays Restaurant to the left. It is a one way street that is entered from Beach Blvd., sort of a fork from the right lane on Beach. You can chose to drop off the family, park the car (might have to take a while), and then meet them. Drop off is at park entrance, not far from the restaurant.

The Thankgiving Dinner buffet does have traditional turkey as well as chicken.

Regarding the Chicken To Go Restaurant. It almost always has a line of people. No line in the morning or during off peak seasons.

The mention of Claim Jumper in Buena Park (across from Knott's at Beach Blvd.) reminds me I researched their Thanksgiving offerings one year and it does look great. It is a meal, not a buffet.

Edited: 7:24 pm, August 01, 2013
17. Re: Thanksgiving in Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2014