We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere to charge phone in park?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Topic
Anywhere to charge phone in park?

Can anyone tell me if there is anyplace I can charge my cell phone in the park? I have an iPhone 5 and for anyone who has one they know the battery life isn't great on these phones. Especially because I will be using it a lot to take pictures, mousewait, etc. Is there any place we can sit down for a snack that might have a wall plug that I could plug my phone in for 15 minutes or so, just to get some extra juice. Thanks for your help.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,460 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

Hunh..... I think I am onto a brilliant idea here..... (see photo below)

…blogspot.com/_U84fPuQrKzI/…umbr.jpg

Now imagine solar panels instead to recharge your iPhone, iPad, etc.....

I'd buy a spare battery just in case. You can get aftermarket ones as low as $20 and then just use it as a back-up.

And happy, I find that anytime a link has weird "+" and "=" signs in it it won't hyperlink, but you can put it in TinyURL and generate a new URL that will hyperlink.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

I used to charge my phone and iPod Touch at the Grand Californian Hotel's lobby or corridor to Downtown Disney or a nearby eatery for breakfast before a day at Disneyland. I've always had a digital point and shoot camera whenever I go travelling . I like taking pix with a real camera a bit better .

Now on my next visit to CA and DL again, I'm thinking of buying a solar panel equipped charger for our phones and small gadgets, and put that in a locker at the park and not worry bout charging again for most of the day.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

"You might want to consider investing in a USB battery pack, like this one (but there are many other similar products out there):

http://tinyurl.com/le93c7u

Save yourself some of your valuable time at Disney, and have a solution that you can use to deal with a depleted battery on your phone not just at Disney, but everywhere"

I received a Mophie iPhone case as a Xmas gift last year and its saved me multiple times when I've been about to run out of juice. Just keeps charging while your on the run with a flip of a switch.

Colorado
Level Contributor
863 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

Thanks for the tips all. I will check in to some type of portable charger as your right I don't really want to waste time. I see a lot of those portable charges suggested were only $20 or so. Awesome!!...if they work...

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

Morphies work...I can testify to that on the fact that my best friend uses it for his iPhone 4. It's a time saving tool for sure.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

The one place I remember seeing people milling about charging phones was outside the bathrooms underneath the Hungry Bear restaurant.

As for external batteries, I own the larger 5600mAh model of the brand listed in the tinyurl. It works great and doesn't lose it's charge over time. I normally use it in airports and on long flights.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,050 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

I bought this solar and wall rechargable battery on sale at Sports Basement for $40. It's awesome. Going to use it at Yosemite soon. …solio.com/Solio-Store/Solio-Bolt-Solar-Char…

Shenzhen, China
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

Not anymore, but they now offer "charging lockers" where you can plug in your devices. you can find it!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

My daughter has one of those USB charging packs, as she is a huge Disney fan and she has no problems making her phone last all day. I have a pretty pick cylindrical one that I carry in my purse for work (no outlets readily available sometimes) - gives me 3-4 hours more battery life (they are lightweight and not too expensive).

20. Re: Anywhere to charge phone in park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 18, 2014