We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Character Meals

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Disney Character Meals

My husband and I have been to the character breakfast in the park years ago. I believe it was Minnie's?

I did Goofy's Kitchen WAY back when.....like over 20 years ago.

We are taking our son (will be almost 2 at the time we go and he loves seeing characters in costume)for the first time. I'm thinking since we'll be there for a few days, to maybe hit all the character meals.

If we do that, any recommendations as to which one for which time of day?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Character Meals

OK, you have 5 choices, three locations only offer breakfast, one offers lunch and one offers dinner.

In the parks, Disneyland has the Minnie and Friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn.

In California Adventure, Ariel's Grotto hosts a Princess themed meal for breakfast and lunch/early dinner.

Outside the parks, Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel is breakfast and dinner.

Paradise Pier hosts Mickey with a Surf's Up theme for breakfast.

The Grand Californian has a Chip 'n Dale themed Breakfast.

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Character Meals

Between Minnie and Friends, Surf's Up and Chip 'n Dale, which would be better for breakfast?

I think we'll do Goofy's Kitchen for dinner.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Character Meals

I like Minnie and Friends since it is inside Disneyland.\, at the end of Main Street at the Central Plaza area.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Character Meals

I'd do Minnie and friends for breakfast and Goofy's kitchen for dinner . I've done all the character meals at DLR except for Ariel's Grotto .. Good choices, most of those are .

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Character Meals

I've completed trip reviews for Goofy's Kitchen (dinner), Plaza Inn (breakfast) and Storyteller's Cafe (breakfast). Hands down, IMHO the best of the three is Goofy's Kitchen....but I also think you get better value for your dollar with a character dinner over a character breakfast. The food GK was excellent, the seating and aisles allow for all the characters to more freely, and the meal also had the highest number of face characters who could verbally interact with guests.

You may also want to consider Big Thunder Ranch BBQ - although while it isn't a character meal, it was still a fun time.

Edited: 1:21 pm, June 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Character Meals

I've got a 4 year old who would love to spend tme with Belle. What's my best chance?

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Character Meals

I met Belle at Goofy's kitchen once during dinner . That's probably your best bet besides the Ariel's grotto restaurant at California adventures

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Character Meals

I saw Belle at Goofy's Kitchen - she was wearing her blue "peasant outfit" from the beginning of the movie. (I gave her a hard time and told her that she should give Gaston a second chance.) However, I don't think GK has "guaranteed" characters that always appear....well, besides Goofy of course.

If Belle is a must, your best chance is with Ariel's Grotto, which is billed as the "Princess Experience." The food there is served prix fixe, as opposed to the buffet style of all the other character meals.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Character Meals

ack, that is another park fee, I probably wan't going to do hopper tix. and I heard the food is awful!!!

is it?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Character Meals

If you are looking for a specific Character, you can go to City Hall or the Wait Stand at the end of Main Street (Central Plaza) and ask the Cast Member. They have a special place they can contact and find out where that character would be in the park at specific times (if any). This is the typical meet and greet, and not a meal experence.