We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Anaheim

Queensland
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Anaheim

Hi my husband and I are travelling to Anaheim next April/May and we have had to leave booking a hotel until now as they won't take bookings over 12 months away. Now that I can book there are no rooms left in any of the better hotels, even at LAX airport hotels. We made it late April early May because it is supposed to be fairly quiet during this period. The cost of the hotel is not too much of a problem but places such as Embassy Suites at Anaheim and LAX, Doubletree by Hilton and all the other good ones have all gone. How do you get a hotel over there. We are really upset as we do not want to go into a really cheap motel. Does anyone out there have any ideas on where to stay.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,580 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Anaheim

Its not an availability issue. You are too far out yet for alot of Hotels to book online. Most will not show any availability this far out. You may have to either contact the Hotel directly, or wait a few months to try to book, and plenty of options will show up for you.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map. Most of those closest to the Disneyland Main Entrance are going to be standard Motels, but are very convenient since they are in close walking distance to Disneyland. With a few Hotels in a little farther walking distance.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

If you are wanting a nicer Hotel, walking distance to Disneyland, you can consider the Residence Inn Maingate, Sheraton Park Hotel, Red Lion Hotel, all of these are in about a 15 min walk to the Turnstiles that go into either Park, as well as have Art Shuttle service if you dont want to walk.

The Hotels you are reffering to are all nicer Hotels, but are only really in shuttle distance to Disneyland. So, it just depends on what you are looking for. If you want to be farther away, but a really nice Hotel, you also can consider the Hyatt Regency Orange County which is a very nice Hotel with Shuttle service.

Edited: 6:42 pm, May 04, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Residence Inn Anaheim...
1,417 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,919 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Anaheim

>>>Now that I can book there are no rooms left in any of the better hotels, even at LAX airport hotels.<<<

I can guarantee you that LAX hotels are booked out for April & May of 2014, which tells me you are early still.

Which hotels are you calling the "better hotels" in the Anaheim area? And how are you searching for rooms in them?

I looked at a few Anaheim hotels that were showing full availability for rooms in Nov and Dec, and nothing in Jan, Feb & Mar which tells me they haven't released those dates yet. I also looked at the Residence Inn Maingate and they have only released rooms through mid-April 2014. So relax... you are fine. If you know a hotel for sure you'd like, I am willing to bet if you called them you could get dates.

Mentioned in this post
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Residence Inn Anaheim...
1,417 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,527 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Anaheim

Kayak.com is showing 'availability maps' ending at 7 May 2014. When I request Embassy Suites at LAX, it directs me to call the hotel, an indication that the hotel hasn't posted rooms online as yet for Apr/May in 2014.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Anaheim

Have you even booked your airline tickets yet as it is still very early for them , so you will then know your exact dates you will be there, it is very very early to be booking any accomodation and most that you may see will be "rack rates " typicaly the hotels highest prices, most of the hotels I have looked at still dont have there books open for the time we are looking at next year , earlier than your dates

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Anaheim

Most people in the US do not book 1 year in advance. You are too early.

6. Re: Hotels in Anaheim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 07, 2014