We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days too much?

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
10 days too much?

I know I know I have only been back for a month after our wonderful Disneyland vacation but I keep dreaming of returning sooner rather than later.

Being an Aussie I have read on here about the 10 day passes, they sound very inviting.

For those of you traveling from Australia do you go just for Disneyland?? Do you find the 14 hr ( more for those of you on the other side of the country) flight worth it not to see anything else??

We have done a little road trip in March and I am trying to convince my husband a trip to the US for a Disneyland holiday is totally worth it!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days too much?

I am constantly amazed at the fascination for Aussies with Disneyland. I have traveled the 13 hours (in coach class) between LA and Australia, and in three weeks we saw only a little piece of your country.

If you people are willing to fly 13 hours to spend 10 days (!) in Disneyland then more power to you. Too bad the fantasy keeps you from seeing some wonderful country. Ever heard of San Francisco Yosemite, Lake Tahoe?

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days too much?

on the road trip i mentioned we did drive to Grand Canyon via Pheonix and Sedona, went to Vegas and San Deigo as well as exploring LA . So yes I aware there is more to USA than Disneyland but that was not my question but thanks anyway .....

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days too much?

Yes it is a long way to go....until they build a DL down under, the long flight is worth it. Really enjoyed your TR Sandan77.

Good luck with convincing hubby for trip number 2 to DL. Due to funds, we will only be visiting DL and LA this time. But hopefully in the future we can expand our US horizons, got to buy a lotto ticket this week :)

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days too much?

I travel from Australia to the USA almost once every year. We normally go to Orlando, which is around 30 hours away from leaving our house to arriving in Orlando at our hotel. We wouldn't have it any other way, we love Disney World. I have no problem getting a 10 day pass to Disneyland, I wouldn't spend the entire 10 days there (easily at WDW though) but it is nice to pop over there at night time as the 10 day pass is almost the same cost as the 3 day pass.

We do other things, not just Disney but Disney is the main reason we visit.

OMG AliBla I really hope they don't build a Disneyland in Australia. That would be TERRIBLE!!!! I so hate the ones in Hong Kong etc they aren't the same as the two US versions and it just wouldn't have the magic. Just money makers IMO staffed by Aussies - YUCK I don't even think I could go there just once to see what it was like the idea horrifies me!

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days too much?

We did the same as you in August 2011: Las Vegas, San Diego, Grand Canyon and Disneyland.

This time (in 26 days!) we are staying 15 nights in Anaheim (6 nights at Hojo and 9 nights in a vacation rental).

We have bought the 10 day pass and will do 5 pretty full days at Disneyland for our first 5 days, as we have friends there at that time too. The other 5 days will be broken up over our remaining 10 days.

We also plan to go to Hollywood,Disney soda fountain, La Bea tar pits and museum, possibly Peterson car museum. We will also spend some time at a couple of beaches. We loved seeing Venice beach last time, so will probably go back, but also spend some time at Santa Monica.

We will do a day at Knotts Berry farm, and have booked a VIP tour at Universal.

I'm guessing we'll do a couple of days of shopping, maybe broken up over half days.

Last time we went we just drove around Beverly Hills area and ended up at a beautiful gardens in the hills. We'll probably do similar and see where we end up. We'll also go to a baseball game.

I think there's plenty to do just basing yourself in Anaheim, and definately worth the 14 hour flight!

Will let you know how it goes once we've experienced it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days too much?

We had the 14 day pass for our last trip and yep we spent at least part of everyday at Disneyland , some days we were there from opening to closing, we also had smaller day trips to other places and even up to San Francisco , But our main plan was a Disneyland holiday and we loved every minute of it , and the freedom we had with the ticket was great

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days too much?

Sounds great now to convince my hubby and start saving again !!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days too much?

LOL galaga_girl, I have to agree where I don't think its the same as the US. So maybe its a good thing :)

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days too much?

I'm lucky my hubby loves the place as much as me but yes convince him! ;)

Edgewood, New Mexico
Level Contributor
728 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 days too much?

Ten days sound perfect! We were there for nine days in '07 and had a blast. Rode every ride, multiple times, saw all the shows. Was worth it. We stayed at Hojo's, got great rates. Next time, kids wanted to stay for ten days!