We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Hotel to Downtown Disney?-Besides GCH and DH!

bay area, ca
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Topic
Closest Hotel to Downtown Disney?-Besides GCH and DH!

Hey Guys...I'm planning a trip for three of us down to Anaheim for a quick Disney fix and maybe drive down to Universal Studios for a day...>I think my daughter, age 7, is perfect for it now. So...That said, my husband is a bit of a snob and we've only always stayed at the Grand Californian Hotel or Disneyland Hotel...for two reasons. 1. He loves the convienece and ease of walking to dinner, shops, etc when we've had enough in the park. and 2. Nice pool setups. I think I've got him convinced that the GCH and DLH are far overpriced for the value and we could take a trip to Hawaii this summer if we do DL a little on the less side. So I'm looking for two things. 1- What is the CLOSEST hotel to DOWNTOWN DISNEY? is there perhaps one directly across the street so we can just walk to and fro? AND/OR 2. Whats the NICEST hotel with pool, more luxurious, and also easy to get to and from disneyland? Thank you for your help in advance, I really appreciate it!

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
3,065 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Downtown Disney
Downtown Disney
7,887 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,827 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Closest Hotel to Downtown Disney?-Besides GCH and DH!

The Park Vue Inn would make you very unhappy and maybe a single woman again......

Did you look at the Anaheim Hilton & Anaheim Marriott? They aren't the Ritz or a FS, but they are very solid, well run hotels with decent pool areas and you can walk to the parks.

The hotels at Universal, are no better than the Marriott & Hilton in Anaheim and they are very isolated, up on a hill by themselves.

How many total nights do you have? Disney alone takes at least 2 full days and 3 is better.

How many times have you driven from SF to LA? I know it may sound counter-intuitive, but with a 7 year old, I would take the 99 Highway instead of the 5 Freeway. The 5 is positively mind numbing and there are very few places to stop, eat and use a bathroom. It is actually only 21 miles longer and you can make that time up with a bit of a heavy foot.

http://goo.gl/maps/aKP05

Mentioned in this post
Park Vue Inn
Park Vue Inn
2,232 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
12. Re: Closest Hotel to Downtown Disney?-Besides GCH and DH!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2014