We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

As this is our first time to DL/DCA we are trying to go in with some sort of plan regarding the rides. I have 3 teenage kids who will go on everything.

We have one magic morning with our 4 day/hopper tickets and wanted to know which ride/attraction to put up there at the top of the list, what is the most popular ride?

Our aim is to try everything at least once

Colorado
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

'Soarin' is my favorite in DCA and really, really, really hope it's back operating when both of us are there towards the end of May. As for DL it's a tie between Pirates & Splash Mountain.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

There are many different types of "popular", I think the new version of Star Tours, with it multiple versions and new simulators is very good and popular.

Indiana Jones is unique and well known.

Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion are classics.

Splash Mountain is a good water flume ride.

The Matterhorn and Space Mountain are good roller coasters at Disneyland.

Over at California Adventure, California Screamin' is the best Roller Coaster at the Resort.

Soarin' is an unique hang gliding simulator.

Radiator Springs is a unique ride, more for its theming than the ride itself.

Tower of Terror is a classic drop ride.

But everyone has their favorites, and you will get a large mix of what is the most popular.

To me, one of the best is the Fantasmic! show.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
178 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

We have only just seen the DL ad where Darth Vadar goes to DL on you tube.....what a classic ad, my boys (15, 12) think its fanstastic, they love Starwars, and were excited to hear that there is a Star Tours ride.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

It really depends on what you like, my favs that I can't choose between as all are equally awesome in my opinion are Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain. I also love Big Thunder Mountain but the first two at DL are my fav's.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

RIght now my favorite is the Toy Story Midway Mania- such a fun, interactive ride! I would go on it over and over if the lines weren't always so long.

Since you only have one Magic Morning, I think more to the point is, what's the best use of that time? Right now, Radiator Springs is the longest line and the quickest to run out of fast passes. For me, since Midway Mania doesn't have fast pass, I would head into DCA and get in line for fast passes for Radiator Springs, then head over to Midway Mania (if it is open for Magic Morning.) Ride that, then head back to Radiator Springs when your fast pass becomes active.

On another morning, get there right when the park opens and head into DL and straight to Star Tours. Get another fast pass for that, as well as ride it, since it's a different ride each time.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
693 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

Oh my...what a difficult question to answer. In fact, I really can't. In DL, my favorites, in no particular order, are Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toads Wild Ride, Dave Crockett Canoes, and Buzz Lightyear. In DCA, again in no particular order, Tower of Terror, California Screamin', Goofy's Sky School, Toy Story Mania, Radiator Springs and Luigi's Flying Tires. We've been known to go on Toy Story Mania 2-4 times in a visit....our wrists and arms get really sore, but it's sooooo much fun!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Victoria, Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

Your Magic Morning will be in Disneyland (Fantasyland/Tomorrowland) if you aren't staying at a Disney hotel. I always use MM to do a couple of rides on Peter Pan, as it's one of my favourites & usually has long lines.

My favourite rides in DL are Indy, Splash & Pirates. In DCA, it's Soaring & Racers, plus I do like Grizzly River Run.

I've got a 4 day trip coming up & have been planning how to work it to incorporate Racers. Our first day in the parks is a Thursday, & we'll start in DCA because it's not a MM for hotel guests. Being in line early should give us a good chance for a fast pass. Then we'll do MM on the Saturday.

Just as an FYI, Space Mountain & Soaring have been removed from the refurbishments list for when we will be there in May, so I'm hoping that means they will be open. On another forum, they have mentioned April 25th as a possible reopening date.

Edited: 5:55 pm, April 17, 2013
Calgary
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

After 3 trips, here's ours..

Mine ( 44yo male ) - Pirates of the Caribbean

wife - Pirates

Son ( went when he was 6, 9 &12 ) - Space Mtn

Daughter ( was 9, 13, & 15 ) - Big Thunder Mtn Railroad

near the top for all of us - Indiana Jones & Splash Mtn.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,187 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

The Best ride in both Parks is Pirates of the Carribean and is a do not miss ride.

Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: In your opinion the best ride at DL/DCA?

Just asked my two teenagers this question. For Disney land ... Space mountain, indianna jones, big thunder mountain. For DCA ...soaring over California, tower of terror and California screaming coaster.