We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney question

london
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Topic
Disney question

Hi

I've been doing some research (thank you everyone for your help in past questions especially the person who gave me the map of hotels to down load it was brilliant!)

I think we now have the hotels down to a few we have decided instead of 1 room or kids suite for 4 adults an 2children (one of which is wheelchair bound) to do 2rooms instead

My nxt question is more for inside Disney

When we went to Paris Disney we had a special txt we collected at the customer service desk which showed what rides Josh could go on an how many ppl were aloud with him

As well as it let us into VIP view of parades an shows etc

Most rides we had to go vi exit

I can't actually find any info so was hoping if u can tell me is it the same sort of thing or is it different in USA?

Thanks everyone

Penny

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Casey
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney question

It would be a GAC- Guest Assistance Card. I don't know the details beyond that, but here is a link to the DISabilities board on Disboards.com. The forum is mostly geared to Walt Disney World, but I see there are some Disneyland threads currently on the first page:

www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Mentioned in this post
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney question

Heres more info on mobility disabilities at Disneyland which should be helpful.

…go.com/plan/…

Things are pretty much the same at Disneyland. You would need to visit Guest relations at City Hall to see what kind of pass may be offered to you, as they do that on an individual basis.

london
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney question

Thank you both so much!!

Il have a look an see what I can find

Really do appreciate the help

:D

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney question

As mentioned, go to City Hall and see what pass they provide and go to guest services at California Adventure as well. Each ride is different in how they handle wheel chairs. On www.Disneyland.com you can access information for each ride and find out if the ride is wheel chair accessible, transferring and how to enter the attraction. I believe the maps at the park also have symbols that indicate wheel chair accessibility.

I know for Fantasmic, parades and World of Color there are wheel chair viewing areas. I am not sure about fireworks.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
883 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,143 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney question

I dont think you need to visit more than 1 guest services, Info should be given for both Parks at one guest services location in either Park.

6. Re: Disney question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:37 am, April 14, 2013
Seattle
Level Contributor
368 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney question

Guest Assistance Card are available in Disneyland's City Hall or in California Adventures Guest Services (just inside the main gate on the East site, behind Oswald's Store). I suggest going to DCA as that line was much smaller than DL.

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
8. Re: Disney question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 15, 2014