We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Vue Inn v's Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

Ballarat
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Park Vue Inn v's Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

Hi, just wondering whether anybody that has stayed at either of these motels can help me with my decision. They both have mixed reviews but seem to be very well located to Disneyland..

Thanks Tam

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Vue Inn v's Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

They are literally next door to each other, directly at the pedestrian crossing.

We stayed at Park Vue Inn and were very happy there.

We are staying at the Hojo this time, but only because we wanted the kids suite there, and the better pool.

Mentioned in this post
Park Vue Inn
Park Vue Inn
2,233 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Vue Inn v's Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

Park Vue Inn has been recently remodeled, and IMHO, has the better parking lot.

It is also higher rated here at TA (PVI is #5 in Anaheim, and BWPPPI&S is #12 out of 107 Hotels) Both are well rated though.

So I would first look at the price and availability of the room type I am interested in, and go with the better price. If they are the about the same, I would go with the Park Vue Inn.

Mentioned in this post
Park Vue Inn
Park Vue Inn
2,233 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,580 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Vue Inn v's Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

Both places are standard Motels, and are separated by an I-hop restaurant. That makes the BW Park Place Inn slightly closer to the entrance. Both are fine to stay at, so you should just pick the one that interests you most. There are also some other standard well rated Motels that are close to the Disneyland Main Entrance such as the Camelot Inn, Best Westerh Anaheim Inn, Anaheim Desert Inn, and the Candy Cane Inn ( which is about a 10 min walk) For close Hotels, the Fairfield Inn is a limited service Hotel, and the Howard Johnsons is a little farther walk. .

I prefer the Best Western Park Place Inn because of its very long time consistant good rating, always clean and well run Imo.

Here is a Map of Hotels in the Disneyland area so you can see where things are located. The Disneyland Main Entrance is off of Harbor Blvd near where it says "East Shuttle Area" on the Map.

printfreemaps.com/maps/freedisneylandareamap…

Edited: 11:19 am, April 07, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Candy Cane Inn
Candy Cane Inn
2,875 Reviews
Anaheim, CA
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Vue Inn v's Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

We stayed at PVI in January this year for four nights. It is really handy to Disneyland so walking there was fantastic. We had a downstairs room at the far end. On the first night, the room next door was empty so it was really quiet (and we were jetlagged so completely zonked out for 15 hours), but every night after that we could hear people above us and the people in the room next door. The walls are very thin because we could hear every word they said as well as their TV. The free breakfast is nice, staff are really nice and friendly, good guest laundry, very close to fast food restaurants, bus stops etc.

For the second half of our stay, we were at Hojos and that was a far nicer hotel - we had a kids suite which we got on the Entertainment book deal, so our room was huge (two bedrooms and two bathrooms). The walk there was fine (less than 10 mins for us), but I did feel tired walking back after our really big days out at Disneyland.

If you are not bothered by very plain rooms and a bit of neighbour noise, then the PVI is great.

5. Re: Park Vue Inn v's Best Western Plus Park Place Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 10, 2014