We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
313 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

I assume it rarely happens.

I want to get Fantasmic Desert package tickets for May 26th (day we arrive - flight gets in at 1:10 p.m.)

but don't want to be turned away from the gate due to capacity crowds.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

The only time I have seen it is the week after christmas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,533 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

The 4th of July also usually reaches Capacity at Disneyland. I doubt if Memorial Day Weekend would be busy enough to warrent that.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
17,816 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

I doubt they will reach capacity on that day, but to put your mind at ease call the Disneyland Resort Disney Dine phone number (look for it on the Disney website) and tell the cast member you want to make arrangements for the package and tell him/her your concerns about getting into the park giving your arrival time. They are very nice to talk to. I noticed when I made reservations for the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans a few years ago they took time with me and were charming to speak with.

Edited: 7:01 pm, March 28, 2013
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

Amazing, but the Columbus Day Holiday in October had Disneyland "sold out" multiple years...

Other days that Disney placed the "sold out" sign are Thanksgiving Day, the week between Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, the Marathon Days on Labor Day weekend and Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend. (And as mentioned above the 4th of July).

And "Sold Out" to Disney is about 95% of the official "Fire Marshall" capacity, since they want to allow VIP's to enter....

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

My cousin had mentioned it was closed due to crowds on Vetrans Day when they visited that day. I do not remember if it was 2012 or 2011.

Edited: 12:36 am, March 29, 2013
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

Here is a link to the "official" info about getting close to capacity at the Disneyland Resort I wrote about 5 years ago...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k161631…

7. Re: When Was The Last Time Disneyland Closed Due To Crowds ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 31, 2014