We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

How have you modified your touring style? This is our first visit back to the parks since this decision has been made, and I am a little concerned about how to manage things as it will be full on Spring Break. o-0 In our family of three, I have historically moved us around the parks in a fairly relaxed manner, and in order to allow for a standby ride and where possible, a FP for later use. We usually arrive at EE if possible, spend the morning at the parks before it gets crazy, and then leave and regain sanity. Then after lunch or dinner we return, and have often used FPs collected early in the day, well into the evening... but now we won't be able to do this. We loved being able to experience the early day parks, all shiny and fresh -- and then, the parks again in the later hours...but I am thinking going back at night, there will be (a) no more FPs and (b) just a wall of people and major serious lineups. I would love to hear how you have worked around, through and with the enforcement. Thanks!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,541 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Sorry, I have not been to Disneyland since they started the restrictions on the Fastpass return times.

What you may want to consider is going in the earlier afternoon before alot of the Fastpasses are gone and altering your visit a little that way. Or, plan on going on the busier rides, earlier in the day, and using any Fastpasses you may get earlier as well. Then when its gets busier in later afternoon plan on going on the less busy rides.

And if you are not aware of the Mousewait app for phones, thats a helpful free app to use as people in the Parks will post current wait times at rides. While its not a perfect system, it is quite helpful and may help you so you can do without a Fastpass.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

I have seen a few people mention this app. Is there wifi anywhere actually in the parks? I don't purchase a data plan for the US. We Canadians are hit very hard due to poor competition among providers, and omg, roaming is crazy expensive.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,541 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Not wifi per say, but the Mousewait app will work with your phone service inside the Parks. I dont know if there are any issues with using it with Canadian Phones ect. Hopefully someone else is more familar with that. Heres the website, perhaps it will have more info for you.

http://mousewait.com/

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Or you might consider what the multitudes of people did at Disneyland before the fast pass? They had just as much fun, if not more, because they didn't have to rush around to get to a certain attraction at a certain time. If you consider it as a Disney "experience" and not just "moving" your family from ride to ride, you'll have way more fun and way less stress.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,541 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Disneyland is quite different now than it was before there were Fastpasses, they just were not needed since park attendance was nothing like the number now who visit Disneyland when you combine the vistitors with locals and Annual Passholders who now visit, while the actual square footage of Disneyland has not really changed. The Fastpass was added because it was needed so people would not have to wait too long in longer lines.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Maybe look into a couple of "planning options"

touringplans.com/disneyland/touring-plans

http://www.ridemax.com/

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

I have the mousewait app and only check it in the morning at the hotel (using the free wifi) and see what the crowd index is. Seeing what the wait times at Space Mountain and Indy will give you an idea on how busy it is. I will not use data in the park at all! Yes we Canadians are hit huge for roaming. If you absolutely must use the data, go to the lobby of the Grand Californian and use thier free wifi. I guess we all now have to suck it up and use the fast pass at the alotted time. We never have a plan when we go. We just go with the flow. I find if you plan, you miss out on other opportunities.

Battle Ground...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Disneyland is different because people are different. For the most part, they require "instant gratification" and have an "entitlement" mentality. They go to Disneyland, not to be in the Happiest Place on Earth, where your troubles melt away, but to be in a place where they go in "rides"(instead of experiences), are impatient, are unable to just wait calmly in line and enjoy the entire Disney experience. Anyway, just another thought.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,541 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

Sure, everyone has different styles of visiting Disneyland, I usually spend less time on rides and more time just sitting around enjoying the atmosphere. While some people want to go on as many rides as possible. Part of that is likely because they may not get to visit very often.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Now that DLR Fast Pass Return times are being enforced...

thanks for the replies everyone. I have installed the app, thanks!! I appreciate how practical that will be, especially in the afternoon. Disneyland is indeed our Happy Place and being The Mom, I am the person family members look to for "what should we do now? or "where should we eat?" or "what time does the 3pm parade start ;P?" and so, for me, I like to have a good idea of the layout of the day, knowing that my knowledge can help make the experience more relaxing. We aren't impatient, and we are super calm people. We always take time to talk to the CMs and chat with other guests. We are not afraid of lines either and have found ourselves in many, usually meeting awesome people along the way. This FP issue will change some of the flexibility we have enjoyed, but not, with a little foresight, adversely affect our much anticipated vacation. Its spring break, and its going to be massive busy...We are always conscious, every moment, that we are in DISNEYLAND and together, and that is the best thing ever.