We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland Resort Express Bus

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Disneyland Resort Express Bus

Hi all,

So excited! Flying out tomorrow! :-)

Has anyone taken the Disneyland Resort Express Bus recently? I'm hoping someone can walk me through the whole process as we will be taking the shuttle for the first time and we have a bit of a dilemma.

We were supposed to have a 1030am brunch reservation at Goofy's Kitchen, which I've already moved to 11am and I just want to make sure we have enough time to make it to Disneyland Hotel for that.

I saw from the website that the bus leaves every hour til 11am when it starts leaving every half hour. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 848am. We don't have any check-in baggage. And I know it's a long shot but is there any possibility that we would still be able to make it to the 9am bus?

I'm not sure how far the exit or Ground Transportation Center is from the terminals so would appreciate it if anyone can give me an estimate on how long it might take to get out of the airport and onto the bus.

If we do miss the 9am bus (which we probably will), is there a good waiting area there where we can rest and lounge around with two little ones? Just worried how our kids would be feeling after an early flight then having to wait about an hour for the next bus. :(

Lastly, we will be staying at Paradise Pier Hotel. Is that usually the last stop? How long does it usually take to get to the hotel from SNA? And does the bus leave on time?

Would appreciate any help! Thank you so much!

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

The airport is small but 15 minutes to get off the plane and make it to the ground transportation area is really cutting it close. There really is no good waiting area if you miss the bus. I would take a cab so you make your meal.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

OK, the Ground Transportation Centers at LAX are on the lower level, basically in front of where passengers exit the baggage claim area. Look for the Green Signs in the middle of the roadway. Here is the LAX page showing the sign.

http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=1296

Since the bus starts at Terminal 1 and works its way around the airport picking folks up, if you land at terminal 6 or 7, you might make it.

Once the bus has picked up all passengers, the bus goes directly to the Disneyland Hotel. At this point, a Gray Line Manager will collect the fares, either the paid vouchers, or a credit/debit card. (No Cash is accepted). Then depending on the group and their destinations, either you stay on the bus as it drops off at other Hotels, and the Paradise Pier would be one of the first ones dropped off, or you are placed on another bus/van to be taken to your Hotel.

Since the bus uses the Carpool lane, the average trip from LAX last pick-up to the Disneyland Hotel is about 1 hour, it can be as little as 45 minutes in light traffic, and of course, in heavy traffic, it takes longer. But since you are looking to leave LAX after the morning rush hours ends, you should be good.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,975 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

What is the cost for four people on Disneyland Resort Express? Are you booked already? Rather than wait around an hour I think I'd just grab a regular shuttle at the curbside like SuperShuttle.

Are you coming in on Alaska? American? If you are prepaid I'd grab some food in the terminal and relax before heading to the transportation check in area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,562 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

If your are comming into LAX, a Cab would be very expensive! Im not sure it would be worth it to stress yourself out and pay alot trying to get to a Charater meal.

I would think about Scotts suggestion. Or, just alter your Charater meal till later in the day or make it for a different day. You can easily just pick up something good to eat in the area.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

But sounds like the OP has kids, and might have the Car Seat issue, which pretty much rules out Taxis and Shuttle Vans unless you book in advance and reserve the needed car/booster seats, or bring your own from home.

One of the benefits of the Disneyland Express Buses, they are exempt from the Car Seat rules.

Edited: 11:59 am, March 17, 2013
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,975 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

The OP is coming into SNA and doesn't mention the kids ages......

Edited: 5:55 pm, March 17, 2013
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

<<The OP is coming into SNA >>

Which means the OP can ignore post #2.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

Hi everyone,

Sorry I completely missed this thread this morning!

We are flying into SNA and yes, we do have two kids (7 and 1). We won't have car seats with us so from what I've read, no cab would take us even if we really would want this option! :(

So no need to rush then and just try to make it for the 10am bus, i guess? :(

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,562 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

There are some private shuttle services that would offer Car Seats. I believe someone mentioned Zippy Shuttle has car seats if you prearrange for them.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland Resort Express Bus

Thanks for the tip on zippy shuttle, happytotrip! Will check them out! :)