We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peacock Suites with manadatory valet parking

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Peacock Suites with manadatory valet parking

We've booked this hotel and it includes a mandatory valet parking charge of $10 + tax/day. I could easily park and retrieve my own car if I had that option but unfortunately they have to park it for me. I knew about this charge when I booked but we still got a pretty good rate of $95/night for a 2 queen bed - 1 bedroom suite which includes a mini kitchenette.

Pretty happy with the price and the reviews online but my question is should we be tipping the valet person each time we go in/out. I wouldn't mind tipping each time if we were only staying a night or 2 but we're staying for over 5 days so this could add up pretty fast.

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this one. Thanks in advance.

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,651 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peacock Suites with manadatory valet parking

Their parking lot is very small. If they did not charge for valet, they probably would charge you to self park. Many hotels in the area charge to park whether you park yourself or it is valet. The Marriott charges $24 to self park and $28 to valet so consider yourself lucky it is only $10!

Back to your question, it is customary to tip when you retrieve your car, $1 or $2 a time is common. You do not need to tip when you drop the car off.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peacock Suites with manadatory valet parking

Thanks for the explanation. I will take note of your advice.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
381 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peacock Suites with manadatory valet parking

Let me know how your stay goes.I have looked this place over because I saw rentals on E-Bay.It is a hike here to the park.It is real close to the mall with restaurants like Bubba Gumps.Chesecake Factory, etc.Also if you need a rental there are several nearby the Hotel.Honestly it is too far to walk to the Park at least for a 56 year old man.But the price here is not bad.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peacock Suites with manadatory valet parking

I'll be sure to write a review of the hotel should we decide to keep our reservation.

5. Re: Peacock Suites with manadatory valet parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 09, 2014