We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab fra LAX hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Topic
Cab fra LAX hotel

A quick question about transport from LAX:

We are spending the first night at the Westin at the airport when we arrive, and we then need to get transport to Disneyland the next morning, which is a Sunday. I expect that everyone will be really jetlagged, and with the time difference from London, I wouldn't be surprised if our twins wake up at 4 am, ready to go to Disneyland!

Luckily, the park opens at 8 that day (March 3), but the first Disneyland shuttle from LAX is not until 7, and I'm thinking that getting a cab straight from the airport hotel is easier than getting another shuttle from the hotel back to the airport to get on the Disneyland shuttle from there.

Everybody says not to get a cab from LAX because of the traffic, but on a Sunday morning around 6 even LA can not be that congested - or what? All ideas are welcome!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,168 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cab fra LAX hotel

Is all you're asking whether there will be congestion at 6am on a Sunday? If it is then the answer is no.

If there's anything else you need, let us know.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cab fra LAX hotel

Well, the cost of a taxi would still be around $100, so if you are willing to pay for it, then it is the way to go.

Another option is to arrange a private town car or van, which might be a bit cheaper than a taxi.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cab fra LAX hotel

It sounds like there's four of you. I would check www.primetimeshuttle.com and www.supershuttle.com for shared or private van options - they can only pick you up from the airport terminals so you'd need to take the Westin's shuttle back to the airport. It looks like a shared van (which might circle the airport to try and fill the van, and might detour along the way to pick up or drop off other passengers) for four people would be $60. Private van about $90. So can save some money, as Darkbeer says a taxi will likely be $100 or more - but its the easiest way without renting your own car.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,622 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cab fra LAX hotel

SuperShuttle, that machthree mentions above has a town car service called ExecuCar that you might consider.

execucar.com/OurLocations/LosAngelesCALAX.as…

Check the cost there and the cost of just a SuperShuttle van. The advantages of the town car are it would be private, no possible additional stops, and a flat rate I believe.

Traffic on a Sunday is minimal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cab fra LAX hotel

Thanks for all suggestions - we will certainly have a look at some of the alternatives to a cab.

6. Re: Cab fra LAX hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 21, 2014