We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney movies ?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Topic
Disney movies ?

since I would like to get as much as possible from our upcoming visit, can anyone give me a list of movies I may want to watch to make the whole Disney experience seem more familiar. I dont want to be watching a parade and not know 75 percent of the characters. It has been a good 10-12 years since I have seen a Disney movie. Just thought it may enhance some of the moments if we knew the characters.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,436 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney movies ?

Start with this list.

Some movies are well represented within the theme parks while others are minimally visible.

www.disneymovieslist.com/disney-movies.asp

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,400 posts
6,004 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney movies ?

On the Wat Disney Museum site, (which is in San Francisco) there is a nice listing of some Disney movies - they show them through the year at their movie theater there. You might want to check that listing...

http://www.waltdisney.com/film-month

Edited: 4:05 pm, February 09, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,647 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney movies ?

Since you have older teens, they may not be that interested in the Parades ?.....

Some movies that would go along with some of the rides and attractions as well as some for the Parades

Cars, Toy Story , Finding Nemo, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Alice in Wonderland, Mr Toads, Peter Pan, Star Wars( the orginal movies) A Bugs Life, Phineas & Ferb the movie,The Muppet Movie, Pinocchio, Dumbo, The Three Musketeers ( with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy) Any of the Classic Cartoon favorites that have the orginal Charaters, Mickey, Donald, Goofy,( Pluto). Such as "Extreme Sports Fun", "Extreme Adventure Fun", ect.

And if you want to know who all the different princesses are....

Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Tangeled, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Snow White, Brave, Sleeping Beauty,

Edited: 4:34 pm, February 09, 2013
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,436 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney movies ?

His kids are little

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,647 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney movies ?

drill-n-fill,

Accoding to some posts from stephen b, they have 2 older teenagers.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29092-i65-k597084…

Edited: 5:01 pm, February 09, 2013
Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,436 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney movies ?

You are correct.

I did look at some older posts also but saw the two little kids mentioned.....from another poster.

Sorry for the confusion !

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,647 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney movies ?

Its ok, I had to look through quite a few of thier previous posts to find that info anyway ;)

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
19,705 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney movies ?

Soundsational Parade begins with the Mickey Mouse Club and ends with Mary Poppins. I can't remember the order of the rest, but the units represent::

Aladdin Little Mermaid Peter Pan Three Cabeleros (a classic) Lion King The Princess and the Frog (Tiana is the Princess, Africian American, jazz music) Princess Float with all the classic Princesses and Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

That's all I can remember. (I didn't check You Tube videos).

Basically, you would just need to become familiar with Princess and the Frog to know the characters and song and maybe watch You Tube of Mickey Mouse Club and Three Cabeleros for enjoyment to get your memory pumped up or share with the kids.

Edited: 7:34 pm, February 09, 2013
Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney movies ?

We have been getting in the mood with princess movies, cars and toy story!! Also Disney Jnr is a fav , Mickey Mouse Clubhouse :)

10. Re: Disney movies ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 11, 2014