We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Booked March / April

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Booked March / April

Hi there

We have booked a Disney trip for March / April and I though I'd share experiences so far.

We are from Australia, so the dollar rate is great for us at the moment, our last trip a few years back, it was at .75

Thought we'd do something different this time. Being Disney fans we are going to do 5 nights toward the start of the trip and 5 nights toward the end. Total trip is 30 nights.

First 5 nights at Disneyland Hotel and second 5 at Grand Californian. I was looking at having to buy 2 x 5 day hoppers for around $500 converted, however the annual passes have come in at $440 converted.

I booked Disney hotels direct and had no problems getting AP rate, even without our physical cards yet. They said I'd have to present a receipt or proof on checkin. Also happy to use the AP for 10% hotels discount and I read that we will get 10% at many other places.

I realise we can book cheaper hotels, but we love getting immersed in the entire experience and the hotels certainly do this. We have only stayed at GC in the past, so Disneyland Hotel will provide a new experience.

I have a 30 day car booked with Alamo. I've always used Hertz and Avis in the past, but the Alamo rate was considerably better and included all insurance. Probably don't need it at Disney, but not sure if I can be bothered with returning and re-renting. Besides its handy to do a run down to South Coast Plaza or the occasional drive when we need some 'Disney time out'.

Can't wait for the trip ... and can almost taste the orange margarita at Rainforest Cafe!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Booked March / April

So what are you doing for the 20 days in between?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Booked March / April

LA and costal areas between LA and SF. Also Vegas and tossing up maybe Palm Springs or beach areas south of LA.

Sydney
Level Contributor
98 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Booked March / April

Hi Mutley251. I'm from Sydney and am wanting to hire a car from Las Vegas for about 11 days in May/June. Have never booked a hire car over the net and was hoping you could give me some advice if you don't mind. Any suggestions re hire car companies would be greatly appreciated as well as any tips/suggestions if you don't mind. Thanks

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Booked March / April

Might as well keep the car while in Anaheim, the Disney Hotels have a mandatory "resort fee" which includes free self parking.

5. Re: Trip Booked March / April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 05, 2014