We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas shops year round

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas shops year round

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that might sell Christmas Disney inflatables in May.

We are coming to Anaheim from Australia in May, and will have a car so can travel.

Any year round Christmas shops and anywhere else anyone can think of?

Thanks, Sharon

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas shops year round

I have never been, but you can try Archangel Christmas Shop.

7060 Garden Grove Blvd, Westminster, Ca

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,075 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas shops year round

Can you be more specific about what you mean by " Christmas Disney Inflatables"? I have no idea what that is?

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,099 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas shops year round

Do you mean something like a large blow up Mickey dressed in holiday clothes that you can put on your lawn? If so, I am pretty sure that you can only get them during the holiday season and perhaps directly after Christmas (at a discount). They would be in stores such as Home Depot and perhaps KMart and WalMart beginning in October (maybe early October). A year round Christmas specialty shop will only offer smaller items.

The only place I can think of that might sell something like that in May would be an online retailer, such as Amazon.

Edited: 3:58 pm, January 10, 2013
melbourne
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas shops year round

Yes, I do mean those blow up Disney characters in Christmas costumes you put on your lawn at Christmastime.

Thanks nook, I'll check that place out.

They have them on eBay, but the postage is about $60-90 to Australia, so I thought I could get some while I was there.

Thanks for the replies.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,503 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas shops year round

$60 to $90 is probably LESS than you'll pay to ship it yourself from the U.S. or pay in extra baggage fees (IF they allow such over-sized cartons to be taken as luggage). And why would you want to lug around the cartons? Pay the shipping fee from E-Bay and be done with it. You won't be taking time away from your vacation to hunt the stuff down either.

melbourne
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas shops year round

Hi. We have over 2 weeks in Anaheim, so plenty of time to shop.

We have a luggage allowance of 2 bags each up to 23kg each X 4 people, so plenty of luggage allowance.

I wouldn't spend days searching, but if someone knew of a shop, I'd contact them and ask if they had any.

We would just have to put it in the car, drive to the airport and load it as luggage. I assume they are not over 23kg.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,075 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas shops year round

I understand now....

Lets see, it looks like the Sears store is still carrying them, you can order online, and have it sent to one of thier stores near Disneyland for pickup? Anyway, you would have to check more into it.

sears.com/…

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
20,099 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas shops year round

There should be a Sears store in the Buena Park Mall, which is now called Buena Park Downtown. The mall is down the street from Knott's Berry Farm on La Palma. I don't think they will hold it five months, so you would need to check their website in April.

Edited: 11:26 pm, January 10, 2013
melbourne
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas shops year round

Thanks everyone.

Doesn't look like I'll have any luck in May.

I may just buy eBay and get it posted here.

10. Re: Christmas shops year round

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 12, 2014