We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's a Small World...opening after Xmas refit 2013?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
It's a Small World...opening after Xmas refit 2013?

Ok. Last year (2011) we were in DL starting 20 Nov for two days, and IASW had already opened again all dressed up for Christmas. I loved it. I love Christmas so much I nearly cried because it was so amazing!

ANYWAY, next year, we have to be BACK in Australia by 16 November at the latest, as that's when my annual travel insurance policy expires and I don't want to have to renew it for a couple of days.

I desperately want to be in Disneyland to see IASW opened again and I'm trying to figure out the best way of doing it. I understand there is no set date every year but just want the best chance possible!

We were hoping to fly into LA and straight onto Vegas for 4 nights, then to Anaheim for 4 nights (2 days Disney, 1 day Knotts) and then to LA for two nights before flying home.

I'm also trying to avoid being there on a weekend. Original plan was to do this leaving AU on 31 October, which means we'd be at DL on say the 6th and 7th, but I have a feeling this is way too early.

If I have to be there on a weekend so be it, but in any scenario, the last possible day we could be there would be 13 November...do we have any chance of seeing it?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's a Small World...opening after Xmas refit 2013?

I think you may have somewhat of a chance since Christmastime started this year on the 12th of Nov, last year though it was the 14th. Its just hard to tell since the date changes from year to year, but there is a Chance it would be open on Nov 13 Imo.

On Nov 6,7 though Id have to say extremely doubtful they would start Christmastime that early Disneyland has been pretty consistant with mid month for the beginning of the Christmas season.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's a Small World...opening after Xmas refit 2013?

Thanks so much happytotrip. I figured this would be the case, just means I have to figure out our new itinerary! I was trying to avoid having to go back to LAX more than necessary (e.g. we only had to go there twice last time...once when we arrived, once when we left!) but with the new itinerary (I think 2 nights LA, fly to Vegas for 4 nights, back to Anaheim for 4 nights) we'll have to go back there again to get to Vegas. But that's ok.

How far in advance do they generally announce the start date?

Thanks again!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: It's a Small World...opening after Xmas refit 2013?

We usually hear something about dates for Christmastime around Mid to late Sept of each year. Someone usually posts the info here when it comes out.

4. Re: It's a Small World...opening after Xmas refit 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 17, 2013