We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

Hi

We will be at Disneyland in April 2013, from 7-9th and I was wondering if the Fantasmic Fireworks generally shows on Sundays in April?

And does World of Colour usually play every night around this time?

I've tried to find this info out from google but I didn't find specifically what I was after. I saw the fireworks play on 'weekends' but I just wanted to make sure that was Sunday included :)

Thanks heaps!

Alissha

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,074 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

Yes to everything! They will all be offered on a Sunday in April.

Disney considers Sunday a weekend day. In fact, Disneyland Park has extended park hours throughout the year. With attendence numbers rising in DCA Park managment may look at adding hours there throughout the year as well. Fantasmic should have two performances on Sunday nights.

Additionally, I wouldn't be surprised if your dates fall in the busy Spring Break period. That would mean more hours and entertainment than during a slower off peak season.

Disneyland Resort Park managment and can make decisions that would cause a show or a ride to not be available and the only way to know about that in advance is to keep in touch via the internet, perhaps join a Disney fan website, and read Disney Park Blogs. So far, I haven't heard of anything that would cause Fantasmic, the fireworks, or World of Color to not be presented on a Sunday during April of next year.

Edited: 6:16 am, October 28, 2012
Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,074 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

Opps! Big mistake in the following quote. It is missing the words "on Sundays". I went back and edited the post and somehow messed that up. I sure wish we could edit more than one time!

>>>In fact, Disneyland Park has extended park hours throughout the year. With attendence numbers rising in DCA Park managment may look at adding hours there throughout the year as well.<<<

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

Yay! Thanks so much. I was worried we would miss out on the fireworks in particular so I am happy that they are on Sunday.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,904 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

spazwok,

Unfortunately, part of your dates happen to be busy at Disneyland. Its Spring Break time still.

Most Secondary and Elementary School will take off the full week before Easter Sunday as a Spring Break with a few Schools taking the full week after Easter Sunday. Easter Sunday is on on March 31, for 2013.

Your visit is likely to be quite busy for that reason as well as others.

Hours are usually longer during the first 2 weeks of April, usually with everything being offered nightly since they are expecting larger crowds.

There also happens to be as usual for early April a large Cheer and Dance School Competition in the area April 4-10, 2013 which will bring in about 25,000 visitors. April is a popular time for these kind of events as well as for Conventions

If you can move your dates to the last part of April to early May things would be much quieter at Disneyland.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

Unfortunately we are unable to change our dates, but thanks for the information. At least I will be prepared for it to be busy :)

We are staying at Paradise Pier so hopefully we can make use of the extra hour in the park and can see WOC and the Fireworks from the hotel too.

6. Re: Fantasmic & Fireworks - Sunday in April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 31, 2013