We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

Level Contributor
294 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

Having a great time here in DL. TR sometime in near future. Never considered going to WOC with my 3 young kids (under 6) but they have been such troopers that I think for our last night, they should be able to stay up late and see it. Can anyone advise me on how to do this without paying for a meal? I don't care about getting the best seats. I just, of course, want to be able to see and experience it if I am there. Are there really "bad" seats? I've heard you have to get a fastpass? TIA (our last day in the park is Thursday).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,647 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

You can get a partial side view with no Fastpass near the Paradise Pier area, but that is not the viewing area, and the view is not very good.

World of Color Fastpasses are available at the Grizzley River Run ride Fastpass area, and are available there until they are gone for the day.

Usually they open that part of California Adventure Park 30 min before regular opening time for the Park. So, you can go in early to pick up a Fastpass. Usually the earlier you get in line, the better the area is. Usually the Blue area for viewing World of Color is dispensed first.

Be aware, that all of the people you want to get Fastpasses for must have gone inside one of the Parks already for the day you want to pick up a Fastpass, as that activates the Fastpass option for the Disneyland ticket for the day that allows you to pick up Fastpasses. You cannot though try activate the Fastpass for the day for everyones tickets on your own by taking them all through the Turnstiles into one of the Parks by yourself.

Children who still get into Disneyland free do not need a World of Color Fastpass, they just come in with the parents Fastpasses to the viewing area.

There is no seating for World of Color, its a standing only show. Its slightly terraced though. But with smaller children, the farther back you are the less you can usually see. For a really good experience, you would want to come early so you can get as upfront as possible. Theres usually a time suggested to return on the Fastpass.

You also need to be aware California Adventure Park closes at 8pm. But the World of Color show is at 8:15 pm. So , you must be allready within California Adventure Park before the Park closes to view the show, although if you come early, that shouldnt be a problem.

Glad your having fun at Disneyland!

Edited: 12:40 am, October 24, 2012
Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

Hi - we have just returned from our Disneyland holiday, and we did the WOC. We did the 'picnic' option which comes with a yellow fastpass...we had an excellent vantage point in this area. BUT .. the next night we were in DCA and were still there at 8pm - the WOC started so pulled up to watch it again (because we had enjoyed it soooo much the night before). All we did was lean against the fence/rail at the top of the WOC area. There was no restriction to being in this area (ie no ropes or barriers like they have in the main viewing areas). This vantage point is a bit further back, but you can see everything quite well. Comparing the view from the night before when we were in the front row - have to admit this was awesome, you seem to be right amongst the show .. but we enjoyed the second viewing the second night too.

As HappyToTrip advised, you can get fastpasses from the machine near Grizzly River Run - we saw the waiting line early one morning ... it was LONG.

If you think the little ones will last - go - they will love it. I can still hear the excited voices of the little kids around us yelling in excitement as the different characters they loved appeared in the projections. Our girls are 8 and 12 - they can't stop talking about it.

Have fun in Disneyland .. you are making lifelong memories!!

Edited: 5:51 am, October 24, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,647 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

Although the line may seem long for the World of Color Fastpass, Its usually quite a short wait, as the wait time to pick up a Fastpass is usually quite short, about 15 min or so.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
369 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

NQ, would love to hear all about your holiday. How about a nice long Trip Report eh? We are 33 days away, getting very excited!

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

Hi aussiedisney - was intending to do a TR, we have been home 2 weeks now, but its been a hectic 2 weeks. Will try and pen a TR soon. Would be great to share with others on Trip Advisor. I know I learnt so much from everyone on here, it certainly gave us information which made for a better holiday for us :)

I still can't help but lurk in the Anaheim forum - i'm addicted.

Edited: 9:10 pm, October 24, 2012
6. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 25, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,647 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

TP9614332YU6,

Advertising and solicitation are not allowed on Trip Advisor, your website is clearly soliciting to sell people something.

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
369 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

Hey TP - if it's SOOO good, then share it right here and now mate. Listen to Happy and take your sales pitch elsewhere.

9. Re: In DL!! Need advice for WOC, please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 06, 2013