We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anaheim to LA!

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anaheim to LA!

Hi,

We will not have a car in Anaheim. What are our options to get from Anaheim to:

-LAX

-Hollywood area hotel?

What are the recommended shuttle services?

If we rent a car from Anaheim and drop it in LA, any idea about how much is the surcharge since we are dropping it off at a different location?

Many Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,580 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anaheim to LA!

You have a few things you may want to consider.

I believe you have a 5 year old with you? They are likely required to have a booster seat in California still, so you may want to bring one with you.

So, one option that may work out being less expensive for you and more convenient is to rent a car at LAX for your whole stay, and then return to LAX if thats where you are leaving from, which may end up being less expensive for you

The Disneyland Resort Express does not require Car Seats since is a very large bus, so that may be an option for you. Here are the transport options from the Airports to Disneyland.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-s301/Anaheim:C…

Lux Bus does transfers from Anaheim to the LA area

I dont know about drop off fees, some rental companies would not have drop off fees depending on where you needed to drop off the car. Hertz is usually one that sometimes does not have fees.

Has anyone mentioned getting the Southern California City Pass to you? its a very good value right now as it includes a 3 day Parkhopper, 1 day Universal and 1 day Seaworld ticket for $279 for adults. So, a regular 3 day Parkhopper right now is $250, so you are basically getting a Universal Studios ticket and SeaWorld ticket for $29

Edited: 3:30 pm, October 23, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
2. Re: Anaheim to LA!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 25, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,580 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anaheim to LA!

TP9614332YU6,

Advertising and solicitation are not allowed on Trip Advisor, your website is clearly soliciting to sell people something. Please stop soliciting on this Forum

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anaheim to LA!

Happy to Trip - Thanks a lot for the detailed reply.

We are flying into San Diego and flying out of LAX. The plan is to have a car rental in SAN and then take Amtrak from San Diego to Anaheim. Anaheim we don't need a car.

Looking at taking a shuttle from Anaheim to LAX or Burbank. And then may be rent a car while we are there. I need to post our tentative plans for the 2 days we are in LA and then figure out what is the best way to do it. I like to pick/drop at the same location as then I can make car rental reservations on priceline. :) Thanks for the reminder about the booster, somehow it slipped my mind!

Also Thanks for mentioning Southern California city pass. We are planning to buy that at Sea World San Diego. Tried to look if I could find a better price online, but had no luck with that. :( Any ideas on getting a better price on that? Is there tax on the $279?

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,580 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anaheim to LA!

Really no deals out there on the Southern California City Pass right now, unless you are a resident of Canada, as Costco Canada is selling them to those residents only for a discount right now. I believe the price includes tax.

You should be aware that the SoCal City Pass does have a 14 day window including first day of use, to use all of the attractions listed on the pass once you activate it by having it scanned at a Turnstile.

No options from regular Airport Shuttle services for getting from Anaheim to the Airport in Burbank. Many of the Shuttle services mentioned in the link I posted do also have private shuttle service, but that may be quite expensive.

You may also want to look at something such as the Lux Bus which does tranfers from Anaheim to the LA area Hotels, and just go straight to your Hotel in the LA area and pick up a car while in that area to drop off at LAX when your done, as i believe they often dont have any drop off fees since you are technically in the LA area. You may also want to consider just flying out of Burbank to go home. I would post some questions in the LA forum.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
6. Re: Anaheim to LA!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, November 05, 2013