We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

Newcastle, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

I have booked a holiday rental through Trip Advisor for our trip to the USA in April 2013. I just received an email from a group called AE Hospitality adviing they are now managing the house I booked. They are asking that I fill in a form, with among other things, my credit card details, and send it back to them.

Has anyone else had this email? Are AE Hospitality legitimate? I am not going to send my credit card details in an un-secured email, but would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Peter

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,541 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

Welcome to the Forums Notrosethorne,

Did the email have all the details of you holiday rental info? How did you book your stay allready without some kind of credit card for a deposit ect orginally?

Im not sure we can really advise you on this. A good idea would likely be to contact the orginal people of the booking you made and see what they say.

I have no idea about AE Hospitality whether they are legit or not.

There are not many rental places that close to Disneyland ( even though they may say they are) so that may not be what you would be really looking for anyway.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

We just booked a property in Los Angeles through AE Hospitality, and I have an uneasy feeling about having to provide all my credit card information. I saw your post and was curious if everything worked out with you and your rental. Thanks in advance for your response.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

We just booked a property in Los Angeles through AE Hospitality, and I have an uneasy feeling about having to provide all my credit card information. I saw your post and was curious if everything worked out with you and your rental. Thanks in advance for your response.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,541 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

Welcome to the forums earamos,

The OP has not posted in a while since this was thier last post in 2012, I dont know whether they will see it or not. I would suggest since the place you want to stay is in LA,which is about a 1 hour drive North of the Anaheim area, you can post in that forum where they may know something about AE Hospitality, or can likely provide you with better ideas of where to stay.

Heres the LA forum

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g32655-i61-Los_Ang…

vancouver
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

tripadvisor.ca/RentalPropertyManager-a_manag…

Their properties generally have good reviews. They have a branch in NYC that hosts some awful places but their properties in LA seem nice. I'd look thru that list on TA and see if the property you are getting is on there. And as noted above, yeah, confirm with original contact before sending info to these guys.

And fyi you know you can get a hotel room like the Red Lion for $65 or Peacock suites for $80 or $85?

Edited: 11:59 am, May 24, 2013
6. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:45 pm, August 25, 2013
Edited: 5:45 pm, August 25, 2013
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

Just for anyone else in future who is wanting to looking into AE Hospitality a little more... we rented an apartment from them in LA recently .... we had absolutely no problems with them at all. In fact they were great communicators and the entire process was done with ease.

Next time we're in a city that they accommodate, we'll be seeing if we can go via them again and no doubt next time we're in LA, we'll be staying at the same place.

We're picky people usually and they were nothing short of fantastic.

8. Re: Hoilday rentals - AE Hospitality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 10, 2015