We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Major ART Shuttle news, partners with OCTA as of 10/1/12

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Major ART Shuttle news, partners with OCTA as of 10/1/12

First off, sorry, I have been on a major assignment/road trip the last few days, but found out this info that has not been mentioned in the news, or at the ART website...

From the OCTA website www.octa.net

>>Transferring to Anaheim Resort Transit

•ART will honor OCTA fare media at all bus stops along the line on the following ART routes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19 or at bus stops where ART buses directly connect with OCTA buses.

Transferring from Anaheim Resort Transit

•OCTA will honor ART fare media on the twenty OCTA routes that serve the Anaheim Resort Area (29, 30, 33, 35, 37, 38, 42, 43, 46, 47, 50, 53, 54, 56, 57, 83, 430, 453, 454, and 757) at bus stops where OCTA buses directly connect with ART buses. Passengers transferring to Route 757 will need to pay an additional $1.50 for regular, or $2.10 for seniors and persons with disabilities with proper identification.<<

So what does that mean to a tourist visiting the Disneyland area, well, now you have a lot more choices, as you can use either the ART or OCTA system in the area with one $4 day pass. (Though it looks like next year the passes will go up to $5 per day on both systems).

So you could take any ART Shuttle to Disneyland, and then walk across the street to the OCTA Route 43 Bus that takes you to Fullerton and either the Train Station, or the Harbor and Orangethorpe corner with lots of Shopping and the In-n-Out Burger.

The one "local" bus that is not part of the ART agreement is the LA Metro Route 460 that goes to Knott's Berry Farm and the Buena Park Dinner Theaters. But OCTA and the LA Metro does have an agreement, so if you want to use the LA Metro Route 460 Bus, look into getting a OCTA Pass instead of an ART. But the OCTA only sells a one day on the bus, or online, a 1, 7 or 30 day pass (and they will ship it to you).

https://www.octa.net/bus-buyapass.aspx

Hope that helps.

The Packing House
Architectural Buildings, Gift & Specialty Shops, Points of Interest & Landmarks
World of Disney
Gift & Specialty Shops
vancouver
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Major ART Shuttle news, partners with OCTA as of 10/1/12

Lots of good info. Ty all and tag.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Major ART Shuttle news, partners with OCTA as of 10/1/12

Actually took an ART Shuttle yesterday (Knott's Berry Farm to Disneyland), showed my OCTA pass, and she had to call her supervisor... at first the driver refused the pass, but I told her things had changed, and had an OCTA flyer that claimed it....

Ended up giving her the OCTA Bus Book, so hopefully word will get around the drivers in the near future...

But next time, I am using the LA Metro Route 460 to get between the two places if I need to use the bus again...

But heck, any day you can kiss the Stanley Cup is a Great day!

13. Re: Major ART Shuttle news, partners with OCTA as of 10/1/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, December 15, 2013