We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

California
5 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

Hi...we are coming down to Disneyland in September...and was looking to find a hotel that will take a family of 5 maybe 6. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We would like to stay somewhere in the vacinity of the park. Within a mile or so if possible...but that is not a deal breaker. Thanks in advance

California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Buena Park several times and really liked it. It is about 10 min from Disneyland but they offer a comfortable, direct, private shuttle (as opposed to the anaheim shuttle offered by the hotels closer to DL which has hard little wooden seats and stops for every hotel on the route). They have free made to order breakfast which saves a lot of time and money. The suites have a bedroom with two beds (or 1 King) and a living room with a foldout couch. They have microwaves and a small fridge for storing drinks or snacks for the park. We really like the fact that the pool seems very tropical rather than just a hole of water in concrete. It is surrounded by palm trees and has plenty of lounge chairs. We have really enjoyed our stays at the ES in BP.

Now, having said that, we are going to stay at the Park Inn Anaheim (1520 S. Harbor Blvd) this summer when we go because we will be taking my dad who may want to go back to the hotel during the day without us. With the shuttle at the Embassy Suites, you have to prearrange your pickup times (although you can call them to reschedule). We thought it would be easier this time to stay walking distance from the park. Most places that say they are only a few blocks from the park are actually a pretty long walk, especially when you are tired or have small kids.

The Jolly Roger has larger rooms, which we need for our 6 travelers and is right across the street from the park. We have stayed in the park at Paradise Pier which is as far a walk from the park as if you stayed right outside of the gates (and a lot more $$$). So, I can't recommend the Park Inn yet but it had good reviews and met our need for space and location.

Good Luck!

California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

I really do know how to spell "whole". Sorry. That'll teach me to check my work before sending.

Yelm, WA
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

If you don't mind spending a little more, Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier both have suites that sleep 6 plus they have a separate bedroom if you want some privacy from the kids. The Paradise Pier is cheaper than the Disneyland Hotel.

POESTENKILL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

Hello, I took my wife and three kids to the Annabella 4/13/06 - 4/20/06. Couldn't have been a nicer experience. The staff was friendly and professsional. We had a nice room that accomadated everyone. There was two tv's. The pools were nice, laundry facility on site, I used dial up not wireless (because I'm cheap) and it worked great.

Unless you have a medical problem theres no reason why you can't walk to the main gate or to Downtown Disney.

Great place for the price and it served my wife and kids very well. Wife and I and kids all had our own bed.

We'd go back in a second.

Good Luck

I

Northern California
Level Contributor
123 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

The Best Western Park Place Inn is directly across from the main entrance to the parks. A mini-suite has 2 queen beds, a sofa bed a fridge and microwave, and comes with continental breakfast (toast, cereal and fruit). We had a great time there last year. The rates in Sept. are around $110 for a mini-suite when I checked on Expedia. You might also check directly with the hotel for other discounts.

By the way, we stayed at the Anabella a couple of years ago and had a problem with cockroaches. Some people love that hotel, but they usually have very few posts, if you know what I mean (to put it bluntly, I think they are affiliated with the hotel and get a new user name to make a post). Have a great trip.

16. Re: Looking for a hotel that will take a family of 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 13, 2009