We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disneyland buttons ?

Ventura
6 posts
Save Topic
Disneyland buttons ?

Hi,

I've seen people with 1st Visit buttons and Happy Birthday buttons.

-Where do you get these?

-Are there any perks to getting the buttons?

Thanks!

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

You can get the birthday buttons at City Hall on Main Street. For the birthday buttons you don't get any special perks however the park employees will all wish you a happy birthday when they see your badge.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,636 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

Some cast members who see the birthday or anniversary buttons will do something special such as sing you Hapoy Birthday or offer to take your photo ~ I am thinkng of entertainment cast members - i.e.bands. Skippers on the Jungle Cruise usually will recognize someone with a birthday with some sort of joke or song. Occasionally, another guest will wish you happy birthday or anniversary.

I saved my buttons as souveniers. Had them hanging in my bedroom for a while.

I wish they would have a button that says how many years you have been visiting Disneyland. I would like it if someone new to the park would know they could ask me for help or directions. Guess they wouldn't want that, though.

Edited: 12:51 pm, August 09, 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

You may not have to wait at City Hall for a Birthday button, lines can be long there. Try asking a Castmember that are usually standing around the lines at the Ticket Window or the area before you get into the Park for a Birthday Button, they have often had one along with a pen to write the persons name on it when i have visited on Birthdays.

Ventura
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

I wasn't sure if I should get them, it will be my son's first visit and birthday. But not sure if I should just start going in the park or take the time to get them.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,737 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

They are pretty fun, and the Cast Members do notice and say a personal Happy Birthday when they see them as well as other people just walking by sometimes. So its really up to you, since you know if your son would find that fun or not. But as i said, its likely you wont have to wait at City Hall for one.

Edited: 2:17 pm, August 09, 2012
Seattle
Level Contributor
101 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

We stopped to get a 1st Visit and also Birthday Button for my daughter's 6th Birthday. At first she was very shy and tried to cover her Birthday Button, as EVERYONE(ride workers, attendants, etc) was wishing her a happy birthday. She got the hang of it and after we were leaving the park that evening she noticed another boy with his birthday button and she yelled out and waved, "Happy Birthday!" and the boy just beamed! It is a wonderful tradition!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

You can also pick up the buttons at the Wait Board at the Hub outside the entrance to Adventureland. There will be a cast member there with maps ready to answer any questions that you have. They have buttons to hand out.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,636 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

It would be better to go to the Wait Board/Information stand than City Hall. At City Hall you may be waiting in a line. If you are buying your tickets at a ticket booth, they may have some as well.

It was so much fun the year Disneyland gave people who signed up vouchers for a free visit on your birthday. I went on my birthday, which was also Mother's Day (my mother insisted, by the way, and gave me a gift of cash for the day as well). So many people sharing the same birthday at Disneyland was cool.

Edited: 9:17 pm, August 09, 2012
Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

When we went there was little or no line to get the button at City Hall. However we were there when the park opened. My 21 year old birthday girl enjoyed having it and kept it as a souvenir.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disneyland buttons ?

We picked up a happy birthday button for my sons 10th birthday when we first entered the park in the morning at City Hall, there was no long wait. He wore it all day and had a huge smile everytime someone said happy birthday to him. We also had dinner at goofys kitchen that night, and of course he was still wearing the button. They came out with a cupcake and a candle and sang happy birthday to him. Well worth the 5 - 10 minute detour to pick the button up.