We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Crowds October 9-14

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
2 posts
Save Topic
Disney Crowds October 9-14

Hello,

So I just recently booked a trip to the parks for October 9-14, 2012 (the only time we can go). I just discovered that the weekend of 5-8 is Columbus Day weekend as well as Gay Days. Also, there is apparently a convention going on as several hotels are already sold out. In addition, there is the CHOC walk on the morning of the 14th. How busy do you think it will be while we are there? I am worried about long wait times for the rides.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Crowds October 9-14

Welcome to the Forums Lindsey S

There would likely be some Conventions going on during Oct, but no large ones that im aware of. Oct is getting to be a more popular time to visit Disneyland anyway.

Choco Walk in the Park usually is only busy on that day only. And while there are some Schools that may take off the 3 day Columbus Day weekend, i doubt if that will have much impact on the Park.

Gays Days as well as the Columbus weekend would be over by the time of your visit anyway, so would not be an issue as far as crowds go. So crowds should be manageable for most of your visit.

There will be Mickey's Halloween Party nites in Oct where Disneyland will close early to regular guests and you must purchase a special ticket to get into the Party, dates that Mickey's Halloween Party nites that would affect your visit would be Oct 9th and Oct 12th.

Here is more info on Halloweentime at Disneyland as well as the Mickey's Halloween Party's.

…go.com/special-offers/…

Info about Halloweentime on this website so good to look at, however, dates for the Mickey's Halloween party nights appear to be incorrect.

wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/Events/Halloween.htm

Eugene, Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Crowds October 9-14

Thank you so much for your help!

I will be attending the parks with my Husband (no kids). Do you think it would be worth it to pay the extra money for the Halloween Party night? Or is it mainly just for kids?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Crowds October 9-14

If you want an "Adult" Halloween Event, Knott's Scary Farm/Halloween Haunt is close by, and has been rated the best Halloween event by many folks/polls/websites.

It is running basically Thursday through Sunday nights this year, starting September 21st.

http://www.ultimatehaunt.com/

Note, this is NOT recommended for young ones, much of the material can be rated R for the evening events.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Crowds October 9-14

If you take a look at the second link i posted it shows what happens for the Party nights.

There is a special Fireworks show called Halloween Screams that is pretty intense and shown only on party nites. There is also usually a colored fog over the rivers of America as well as other special effect just on party nights as well as some dance parties ect. There are usually plenty of adults as well dressed up for the party nites.

You can also just get a Mickey's Halloween Party ticket only on one of your days if you wanted to and that would allow you into Disneyland about 3 hours before the Party time which is usually 3 or 4 pm and then the Party nite times are usually at least 11 or 12pm, so that a pretty good price for basically a full 8 hours at Disneyland.

Edited: 2:09 am, August 02, 2012
Edmonton
Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Crowds October 9-14

We went when it was held in California adventure park. The kids get candy and we dressed up but for two adults no kids...not sure worth the extra 54.00.

Calgary
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Crowds October 9-14

We are also going on the 9-14. I will share a little secret with you. There is software called Ridemax that is $15 for a 9 month subscription. It's basically an itinerary/planner. It knows the best time of the day to go on each ride to minimize your total waiting time. You choose what rides you plan to go on, and it will lay out exactly what rides you should go on when, in order to minimize the wait times. Google it, it's quite amazing and our longest wait is only 30 mins for maybe 3 rides, the rest the lines are under 8 mins. It gave us an hour of total walking time and the line waiting time equalled our riding time, which was awesome.

As for the halloween party, I know a lady here in Alberta trying to sell 4 passess to the Oct. 9 halloween party because her trip got cancelled. She's not happy that we're only thinking of buying two because the other two will go to waste. It would be great to help her out and to get a good deal for the halloween party! I think lines will be short because everyone else gets kicked out of the park. And apparently the fireworks are amazing.

If you're interested in grabbing them from me for a great price we can meet up with you in Cali and get them to you. If you're interested email me: jmplmptn@gmail.com.

7. Re: Disney Crowds October 9-14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, December 17, 2013