We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BC, Canada
Level Contributor
350 posts
24 reviews
Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

I booked (early) a room for the RIM for May 18-22.

I went to check my reservation yesterday only to find that it did not exist. Apparently, I didn't press an extra submit button when booking online.

Now, the room I was reserving for $169 is $210/night. That's way over my budget.

I phoned the hotel directly about this situation and they did little to help except tell me that many guests miss the step I am mentioning.

This leads me to my next question.

Can someone recommend something similar to RIM, possibly with a breakfast around $169/night for 2 queen beds?

I'm not sure I want to stay there now that the customer service on this matter was so poor and will not pay $210 for a room I was getting at $169.

Thanks!

L

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
51,246 posts
99 reviews
1. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

I've done things like that in the past. Arghhh.

I have been very impressed by the customer service I've received from Hojos for my upcoming trip. Sometimes I have to talk to a few folks to get the info I need, but every person has been pleasant and helpful. No complaints so far.

Try the Entertainment Rate, if any rooms are still available. "Please call 714-776-6120 and ask for In-House Reservations for up-to-the-minute Entertainment Rate availability information." boards.hojoanaheim.com/viewtopic.php…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
24,600 posts
90 reviews
2. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

Hojos would be way over your budget now, as well as likely no availability, they do raise thier prices the closer it gets to a date.

Usually the price for Residence Inn Maingate remains the same regardless of when you book.

What type of room were you looking for? i still see the Studio suite which sleeps 4 offered for $169 on thier website. I also see a 2 queen suite for $199

You might also try the Fairfield Inn, they are showing a 2 queen room for $164 a night for your dates. They would not be quite as nice as the Residence Inn Maingate and do not offer free breakfast. But they are a short 8 min walk to the turnstiles that go into Disneyland.

You could also try the Red Lion.... which is about a 15 min walk with Art Shuttle service and i believe free Continental breakfast

Or the Sheraton Park Hotel ....which is a very nice Hotel about a 15 min walk with shuttle service, but no free breakfast except in the Concierge level rooms

You should be aware that there are not many places except the Residence Inn Maingate in closer walking distance that would offer a free full breakfast, most would be standard Contiental breakfast which is not alot.

As well as the Residence Inn offers on some weekdays a "Social Hour" where a light meal is served.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
47,096 posts
415 reviews
3. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

Check your Private Messages.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

How about the Staybridge? $139/nt with a 1 bed suite w/2 doubles. Embassy Suites South 2 room suite w/2 doubles for $160.55 and includes a cooked to order breakfast.

Just some thoughts:)

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
350 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

Thanks everyone!

I'm looking these up right now. What a headache.

I'm just happy I realized the mess up NOW and not when I go to check in on May 18th. Oy, that would have been terrible.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
24,600 posts
90 reviews
6. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

Be aware that Staybrige Suites and Embassy Suites are well rated but, are located quite far from Disneyland and not in walking distance.

I still see the Studio suite at Residence Inn Maingate which sleeps 4 offered for $169 on thier website, it only has one bed, but does have a pull out sofa, so perhaps you can still make that work?

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

How about the BW Park Place Inn. It's only $147.60/nt if you have AMA and it is smack across the street and has a small continental breakfast with 2 queens. Not as nice though, but location can be everything. Fairfield Inn w/2 queens and a Disney View for $164/nt, no breakfast though. That should give you lots of options.

Good luck!!

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,350 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

I would look at the Red Lion. They have packages with hot breakfast included if you are a CAA/AAA member for $139 with breakfast for 2 adults and 2 kids under 10, $125 no breakfast. I don't think there is a free continental breakfast, just the hot breakfast you pay for or get included in a B and B rate.

Also, check Holiday Inn Express on Katella. $117 CAA/AAA breakfast included.

Residence Inn has $199 with CAA/AAA for the 2 queen room. I would not consider them not honoring the rate you saw before as poor customer service though. You didn't book the rate, how could a hotel honor your rate? I stay a lot at Marriott brand hotels and I have made that same mistake a couple of times. I noticed quickly because I never received the confirmation email. I would think it is a common mistake because you think you are done but you need to submit 1 more time and you have to page down to see the submit. Marriott should really make a second submit button higher on the screen.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
86 reviews
9. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

I have to agree with Jennifer, you really didnt have a reservation without a confirm # or confirmation email. Kinda unfair to give RIM a 1, but that is just my opinion.

The good news for you, there are plenty of good options for $169 or less

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
350 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: Residence Inn Maingate screwed up my reservation - HELP!

I totally realize that my reservation didn't go through now but please understand that I constantly use the computer and make reservations online.

The process reserving online with RIM was very long. I had put in my CC, made special requests, was even given a cancellation date. With all this information I was under the impression that my reservation was complete.

I do not think it is the RIM fault per say. I do think that since I was told on the phone that I was not the first person to run into this problem they should look into investing a bit more on their website and concentrate on user experience.

Like Jennifer said - a second CLEAR submit button would be a smart thing to do.

I also feel that I could have been helped better when I phoned them. I'm looking at spending $800 at their hotel. That may be a common occurrence but it is a lot of money. I think a bit better customer service would have left me with a much better impression.

Maybe I will stay there in the end and will be able to change my review. I honestly will give it a second review if I stay there and feel that it was good.