We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airport to fly into?

Which Anaheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BC, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best airport to fly into?

Hey

Just wondering, what is the best airport to fly into when going to Disneyland.

I'm currently looking at Orange County.

I'd love to be able to just take a taxi from the airport to the hotel in Anaheim.

L

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best airport to fly into?

There are two airports that are the closest to Disneyland (both 14 miles away), Long Beach (LGB) and John Wayne (aka Orange County/Santa Ana/SNA).

I prefer Long Beach, since it much smaller and easier to deal with. Alas, being smaller means less flights. Its main airline is JetBlue. Alaska is the second largest. So if you can get a flight there, that is a great choice.

But John Wayne is great, and WestJet flights there.

Here is the Anaheim Airport guide in the Top Question area on the right side of the screen.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29092-s301/Anaheim:C…

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best airport to fly into?

John Wayne orange county airport offers more convenience to Disneyland area than LAX. Like Darkbeer says, Long Beach is good if you can get a flight into there; otherwise, I vote for John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,151 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best airport to fly into?

Coming from BC, you can connect to flights coming into Orange County Airport through Seattle or San Francisco. I came through Seattle with no problems.

If you want a direct flight, you will probably have to fly into LAX, which is not a disaster. It is just a larger more urban airport. From there you can get the Disneyland Express bus to Anaheim.

If you do fly to SNA (Orange County) you will still save a lot of money taking the Disney resort shuttle bus rather than a cab. Taxi cabs are VERY expensive. Expect $40 to $50 without tip depending on your exact destination.

Edited: 5:04 pm, April 09, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best airport to fly into?

This March, we flew Bellingham/Seattle/Santa Ana. Be aware that SNA has a noise abatement curfew and does not allow flights to land after 11pm. Due to delays out of Bellingham (to Seattle) we were put on Alaska's last flight of the day to SNA. It too was delayed, and staff was very concerned we would not be allowed to take-off. My advice would be to avoid evening flights into SNA.

The airport itself was very easy to navigate. Our taxi cost just under $40 to the Howard Johnson, not including tip. Traffic was quite light at the time of day we traveled.

Alberta
Level Contributor
768 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best airport to fly into?

We'll be flying direct out of Calgary with WestJet into Santa Ana this upcoming trip.I love that WestJet offers direct flights there now. I do whatever I can to avoid LAX!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best airport to fly into?

You can fly direct into Santa Ana (SNA) out of Vancouver as well as Calgary from Canada or via Seattle, so very easy. Bonus is that Westjet fllies direct from YVR or YYC.

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best airport to fly into?

Booked with Alaska and flying from Seattle to SNA.

I'm reading different reviews on Taxis/shuttle.

Is the taxi really over $50? We're heading to the Residence Inn Maingate.

Arriving at SNA at 5:00pm.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
26,479 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best airport to fly into?

I think eveyone that has posted here has stated around $40 to $50, and closer to $50 with tip included.

There are also various other transportation options that are posted in repy #1 of this thread including the Disneyland Resort Express

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best airport to fly into?

Yea, taxi won't be cheap. The Disneyland Express bus will be more economical, as will a van service such as a SuperShuttle. The really cheapskate way to get to your hotel from SNA will be by public bus but it will take the longest time.

I'd definitely vote taxi for this if you don't mind the projected cost ; I vote for the Disneyland Express bus if you do.

10. Re: Best airport to fly into?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:41 am, June 19, 2013