We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

What is the best way to get to Las Vegas without a car and without flying?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

Since there is not passenger Train service to Las Vegas, you are looking at taking the Greyhound Bus.

www.greyhound.com

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

bicycle.

In all honesty, rent a car or fly. I would never want to take a bus to vegas...too slow, too cramped and too dangerous.

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

Go to google.com and put in Coach USA Anaheim. If it isn't Coach, then it will be Grayline to Las Vegas from Anaheim. It's a 4 1/2 hour trip, and $89. for adults. Maybe this will work for you.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
341 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

I took a look at the Grehound website and the price from Anaheim to Las Vegas is $43 - that's a pretty good deal!

sr82 silicon valley usa

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

Correction to my previous post. The one way fare to Las Vegas is $54 on CoachUSA. It leaves at 9:15 a.m. daily from Anaheim.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

Thanks everyone for your research and answers. Heras says it's dangerous...how is it dangerous--the people on the bus, or the way the drivers drive?

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

CoachUSA is a reliable company, with well-maintained buses. Since it is a tour company, you would be with other tourists and a step above Greyhound. I'm sure it would be an enjoyable trip.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

thanks, mere!

orange county
Level Contributor
699 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

the highway you take is what I like to call the autobahn. Speed limit is 70 or 75, but you'll get dirty looks if you drive that slow. People go 85-95 and you can guess what happens when you get into a wreck at that speed.

Sure its probably pretty safe to go on a bus, but I would never trust my life the hands of some bus driver. I guess im just overly paranoid bc in my line of work, my company is having to deal with a bus accident that happened 2 years or so ago on the way back from vegas. It wasnt pretty.

Near Disneyland
Level Contributor
724 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Way from Anaheim to Las Vegas

Years ago when I was car-less I decided to try an express bus service from Anaheim to Vegas. At the time it was called the Valen 5 Star Flyer. They served light snacks, sandwiches, and sodas plus beer when they crossed over into Nevada. Even had overhead television monitors so you could watch DVD movies.

Only 1 stop was made in the middle of the desert for a 15 restroom break.

These days it's now called Lux Bus America and you can find them at:

http://www.luxbusamerica.com/index.html

Check their site for updated rates.

If you take Greyhound you will stop at Barstow Station for at least 20-30 minutes for a potty and shopping break.