We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

Hope someone can help. I've talked to several people from here who have been to Disneyland and some say it's o.k. to take a backpack with lunch (sandwiches, apples, etc) and juice boxes into the part, Others say it is not allowed. ????? Does anybody know for sure. I know it's not allowed at Universal Studios (everybody is consistant with that remark) but with Disneyland and California Adventures I'm getting mixed reviews.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

The official policy is no food or drinks. Unofficially they tend to let in small stuff. One or two water bottles, some snacks, maybe a sandwich or two. People who try to bring in more will be sent to the picnic area lockers and told to leave it there.

Visalia, CA
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

The last two times I've gone I have taken a backpack with water bottles, sandwiches, & canned chips. Please note that I also put sweatshirts in it as well. I have not had a problem.

Bakersfield, Ca
Level Contributor
11 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

We were just at Disneyland/California Adventure in February and saw lots of people taking in bottles of water and snacks. They check your purse, bags and bag packs when your entering but I never saw them ask anyone to toss anything. I would worry about it, take whatever you want I don't think you will have a problem. Have fun! Watch out for the CROWDS.

Bakersfield, Ca
Level Contributor
11 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

We were just at Disneyland/California Adventure in February and saw lots of people taking in bottles of water and snacks. They check your purse, bags and back packs when your entering but I never saw them ask anyone to toss anything. I wouldn't worry about it, take whatever you want I don't think you will have a problem. Have fun! Watch out for the CROWDS.

Scotland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

think what the other posts are saying is be discreet and dont overload. we packed some fruit and water to snack on but ate in the park restaurants, which we didnt find overly expensive. personally, i would only pack food for small children. there are also plenty of restaurants at the entrance gates outiwth the parks.

have a great time, we did. if you have older kids don't miss Soarin' over California (in Californialand).

Edmonton, Alberta...
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

Thanks for your help. I think as one person suggested, discretion is the key. I believe I now have my question answered!

arizona
Level Contributor
148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

weve gone to dl the last 3 summers and have always taken in juice boxes and snack.. weve used those little cooler bags and opened them wide up and never been told no.. but again i think as long as your not coming in with a big ole cooler with a case of soda and full course meal theres no problem

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

When we were there this summer, I asked what they were looking for (after they asked to search my fanny pack!) and was told that they search for weapons.

As has been stated many times already, lots of people have outside food in the park, even though the official word on DL's website is that it's not allowed.

When we were there, we found the worst rip-offs were on snacks and drinks (ex: a large pop and a small bag of chips cost over $5.00 and bottled water was $3.50 a bottle!) We took frozen bottles of water with us every day, and refilled them from the fountain when they were empty. If you pack water, juice boxes and snacks, I'm sure you won't find paying for a meal that bad. It's all the snack stuff in between that really hurts.

Also, we had dinner in downtown disney a couple of times and found the restaurant prices there to be a little more reasonable than in the park.

California
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you take food into Disneyland or not?

I have seen people with the small softsided coolers told to put it in a locker. It probably depends somewhat on which inspector you get and what mood they are in that day.